Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

31 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I posted many moons ago about the glaring difference between Bell’s media presence (ubiquitous) and Quayle’s far less visible persona. This perfectly illustrates why that is so. Quayle is condemned by his own mouth every time he opens it. He is a cliche/platitude generating machine with zero original thought, a very poor vocabulary and dreadful articulation. I speculated previously that his civil service handlers operated to a policy of deliberately withholding him from the media as damage limitation; they must cringe when they hear garbage like this.

Perkins is simply a vacuous clown.

So was Bell. Catch him on the hop and there was no substance to what he said. 

Just a thought, but now the wier has gone, where do all the broken trees now land? Where is the next bottleneck.....?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Just a thought, but now the wier has gone, where do all the broken trees now land? Where is the next bottleneck.....?

Heysham

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Heysham

Our gift to Peel Ports. Who will probably bill IoMG for the removal, who will willingly pay up with a tip as well for their removal....

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo

10 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

So was Bell. Catch him on the hop and there was no substance to what he said. 

The pepperpot bridge I guess? Failing that the funny weir thing where the river enters the harbour? 

• Like 1

Unfortunately there are a lot of funny weir things on the Laxey and Glen Roy Rivers. 

I was actually up the Glen Roy river valley last year and it was chocked full of fallen trees, just waiting for the next big rains... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It was the sluice gate  

Next one is the new bridge. True story. At 7am on Monday morning the bridge had about 3cms clearance. If the water hasn’t been diverted into peoples homes and if the sluice gate and 3 tons of trees hadn’t held the water back that bridge would have been gone. Again. 

Edited by ecobob
Fingers
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

You’re right. 

And on Monday they all ended up trapped behind the sluice gate. 

Edited by ecobob

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I posted many moons ago about the glaring difference between Bell’s media presence (ubiquitous) and Quayle’s far less visible persona. This perfectly illustrates why that is so. Quayle is condemned by his own mouth every time he opens it. He is a cliche/platitude generating machine with zero original thought, a very poor vocabulary and dreadful articulation. I speculated previously that his civil service handlers operated to a policy of deliberately withholding him from the media as damage limitation; they must cringe when they hear garbage like this.

Perkins is simply a vacuous clown.

Howard speaks Latin you know. He got an O' Level in it. He was conversating wildly with Lord of Lisvane in Latin. 

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

Howard speaks Latin you know. He got an O' Level in it. He was conversating wildly with Lord of Lisvane in Latin. 

Salve ego adipem moderatoris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gettafa said:

Well therein, I suspect, lies part of the problem. Because he attended KWC - about which he bangs on ceaselessly - and has a rudimentary grasp of an ancient language mostly understood these days by posh Oxbridge people, Quayle appears to believe that this has somehow imbued him with an almost limitless intellect. The rest of us have identified that this is certainly not the case. Short of a brain transplant, nothing will. 

Quidam educentur ad publicum scholarum;  adtende plura simpliciter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wonder how the good residents of Glen Rd will fare for future house and home insurance quotes...?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Wonder how the good residents of Glen Rd will fare for future house and home insurance quotes...?

One old gentleman had sold his house and was due to complete shortly but yesterday the buyer pulled out. 

According to Robin Blackford, even after a substantial claim premiums are capped at an increase of 25%. 

I would like to repeat that this was not flooding in the true sense of the word. This was incompetence. Had the wall not been breached it would have been very unlikely that the river would have diverted into Glen Road and the houses would not have been damaged to the extent that they were. 

Insurance claims are coming in at circa 100k per house.  

• Thanks 1