Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

But is it working as it was meant to do now ? I believe its not as theres a triangular requirment and as thete is no more similar it cant happen . Happy to be proved wrong 

Oh, I don't know to be honest? Perhaps as they have now proved it, they can get others in the loop triangulation wise?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Manx Radio interview is classic Howard Quayle in managing to make even giving out money to the needy look bad.  It's also noticeable just how slow they have been about this 'emergency' - the flood

To be fair though, what's the point in voting? However the vote, whoever wins, the government is back the next day.  There was a large turnover of mhks at the last election and people were saying

It's been said 1000 times, not least on these boards. Basic maintenance and upkeep across the board on this Island long ago went out the window in favour of Fancy Dan job justification and ego boostin

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Oh, I don't know to be honest? Perhaps as they have now proved it, they can get others in the loop triangulation wise?

The reasoning if this is true needs to be looked at but we know it wont ! Another great purchase . Its over 10 years now since first mooted ! 

Edited by Numbnuts
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to read the breakdown of the Arup Laxey flooding report in the Examiner yesterday. Including the comment that, "It is unreasonable to expect the local authority to undertake the devolved responsibility for (road) drainage and maintenance".

Which is basically what many people knew, that the DOI and Water side of MU's dereliction of their responsibilities in the name of "savings" cannot be dumped on small, ill equipped LA's.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 10:09 PM, Numbnuts said:

The reasoning if this is true needs to be looked at but we know it wont ! Another great purchase . Its over 10 years now since first mooted ! 

It will be interesting to see what happens with airport plans from here on. They were quite ambitious and Dr Spake is apparently very enthusiastic about them. He currently seems to be spending a lot of time kayaking according to his Twitter though.

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Interesting to read the breakdown of the Arup Laxey flooding report in the Examiner yesterday. Including the comment that, "It is unreasonable to expect the local authority to undertake the devolved responsibility for (road) drainage and maintenance".

Which is basically what many people knew, that the DOI and Water side of MU's dereliction of their responsibilities in the name of "savings" cannot be dumped on small, ill equipped LA's.

This! I emailed the MUA the other day about some issues we have with the lamp posts outside our house. They’ve referred it to the local commissioners, so I’ve given up ny hope of (a) hearing back or (b) a resolution. We have green verge strips on our road. I cut the 100m or so that is on our boundary because I like to keep it looking right, but it takes a Facebook message to get them to come anywhere near to do the rest, by which time it’s usually a messy strimmer job that takes twice as long as run over with the mower. 

Parochialism isn't working.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with airport plans from here on. They were quite ambitious and Dr Spake is apparently very enthusiastic about them. He currently seems to be spending a lot of time kayaking according to his Twitter though.

This! I emailed the MUA the other day about some issues we have with the lamp posts outside our house. They’ve referred it to the local commissioners, so I’ve given up ny hope of (a) hearing back or (b) a resolution. We have green verge strips on our road. I cut the 100m or so that is on our boundary because I like to keep it looking right, but it takes a Facebook message to get them to come anywhere near to do the rest, by which time it’s usually a messy strimmer job that takes twice as long as run over with the mower. 

Parochialism isn't working.

a 100m boundary ?  flint towers must be quite a spread.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with airport plans from here on. They were quite ambitious and Dr Spake is apparently very enthusiastic about them. He currently seems to be spending a lot of time kayaking according to his Twitter though.

This! I emailed the MUA the other day about some issues we have with the lamp posts outside our house. They’ve referred it to the local commissioners, so I’ve given up ny hope of (a) hearing back or (b) a resolution. We have green verge strips on our road. I cut the 100m or so that is on our boundary because I like to keep it looking right, but it takes a Facebook message to get them to come anywhere near to do the rest, by which time it’s usually a messy strimmer job that takes twice as long as run over with the mower. 

Parochialism isn't working.

RTC's grass cutting policy is to give mowers and such to disinterested binmen/labourers who are despatched out to work on an unsupervised basis. Hence the result. The result of some of the grass cutting around town areas last year, particularly down through the Lezayre estate was the talk of the town. Lumps and patches missed, cut grass left strewn around pavements and roads and blowing into gardens. I see this year they also mowed down in short order the daffodils that they'd presumably spent a lot of time planting in the Coronation Park too. It seems to be a total lack of co-ordination and interest in anything other than the bare minimum standard.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Update.

now, I’m no conspiracy theorist, but is it mere coincidence that someone has this afternoon come up and made a grand job of all the verges?

The establishment looks after its own. ;)

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Update - a reply about the lamp post too! This is a great day, even though they haven’t solved the issue. 

Whoever is reading this up there at the town hall- thanks!

I thought the law was that verges were not to be cut until the end of August, except for road safety /visibility reasons, so have you or the commisioners transgressed? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I thought the law was that verges were not to be cut until the end of August, except for road safety /visibility reasons, so have you or the commisioners transgressed? 

They are green strip verges in an urban setting rather than ‘verges’ verges

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Update - a reply about the lamp post too! This is a great day, even though they haven’t solved the issue. 

Whoever is reading this up there at the town hall- thanks!

it comes under the shut the whiney twat up heading on their lists.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I thought the law was that verges were not to be cut until the end of August, except for road safety /visibility reasons, so have you or the commisioners transgressed? 

they are just very late doing the verges for 2019, cut backs don't you know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...