Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
slinkydevil

Three Legs on North Barrule

Recommended Posts

What is this shit? I mean I love the views up to North Barrule, it's rugged and natural and now I've got to look at some shitty 3 legs symbol that the fella wants to paint bright white.

"It's for the Manx people to remind them of..."  Look I don't need reminding I live here. What is it with sticking the 3 legs on things like it matters. It doesn't. I'm just getting older and grumpier but this has pissed me off. Apparentley he doesn't need planning to move stones, so I might dedicate the next few years in strewing ths shite back all over the place. 

Oh well.

 


 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

What is this shit? I mean I love the views up to North Barrule, it's rugged and natural and now I've got to look at some shitty 3 legs symbol that the fella wants to paint bright white.

"It's for the Manx people to remind them of..."  Look I don't need reminding I live here. What is it with sticking the 3 legs on things like it matters. It doesn't. I'm just getting older and grumpier but this has pissed me off. Apparentley he doesn't need planning to move stones, so I might dedicate the next few years in strewing ths shite back all over the place. 

Oh well.

 


 

give me a shout when you go slinky, I'll bring the flask you bring the biscuits...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, whinge whinge moan moan. I like mad old people doing odd shit.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just not as good as the three legs of man the fellas from Douglas Lifeboat created with unneeded sea wellies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff. It’s just a grotty hill with grass and stuff, a bit of an eyesore. So good on him for making it a bit nicer. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Haha, whinge whinge moan moan. I like mad old people doing odd shit.

Figures...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

oh come on slinky, don't be so miserable!

I think this is great, good on him.

He got no support whatsoever from anyone, so basically him and his family and friends did it. Didn't sit around and whinge, just got on with it.

No harm what-so-ever in showing a bit a national pride :) and he didn't spend £24k on it...

 

and now I've watched it... even better. Well done that mann.

Edited by b4mbi
watched it
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Declan said:

Good stuff. It’s just a grotty hill with grass and stuff, a bit of an eyesore. So good on him for making it a bit nicer. 

But what it really needs to look better is a nice big Dandara estate.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Declan said:

Good stuff. It’s just a grotty hill with grass and stuff, a bit of an eyesore. So good on him for making it a bit nicer. 

Sounds like someone is not at home in the outdoors.

The rule is "Leave only footprints..."

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Didn't someone ask for permission to do similar recently and was rejected?

He was refused permission to paint it white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i see they removed the word "tossers" from the bungalow webcam.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If rearranging the stones into an enormous three legs doesn't need planning, presumably rearranging them into an enormous penis wouldn't either.  And much more in the spirit of hillside land art.

(Obviously for equality reasons we'll need to put up an enormous vulva as well).

Well then surely moving and rearranging stones into a house shouldn't need planning permission by that logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...