Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
La_Dolce_Vita

Battle of the Buskers (Dreamcatcher charity event)

Hello, I am just posting this on behalf of a friend:

DreamCacher is seeking Buskers to take part in Battle of the Buskers on Strand Street this Saturday, 12th of October between 11am-5pm to raise funds for this local charity and the community it supports.

The idea is to fill the street with sound and entertainment, with the general public voting for their favourite performers with the change they donate to the collection buckets at the feet of the performers.

Throughout the day we are hoping each performer will play for around three one hour sets, and the location they are positioned will be changed to give everyone an equal chance and the funds raised weighted across the location.

We hope that this will provide a celebration of the great grass roots busking skills on the island, encouraging the public to listen to the performances rather than simply pass by on their usual shopping trips.

We have a range of music and performance types but we still have space for more. There will be a small prize for the performer who helps raise the most and the title of DreamCatcher’s Busker of the Year 2019.

Dream Catcher is an independent Manx charity that nourishes the community spirit of the Isle of Man. At the heart of what we do, are members of the general public who look out for and nominate other community members to receive a DreamCatcher gift.

These gifts are given to help lift a burden, makes life better or opens new opportunities.

To find out more please contact communityteam@dreamcatcherappeal.im or send us a phone number and a time to call here and we will be in contact with you.

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

Hello, I am just posting this on behalf of a friend:

DreamCacher is seeking Buskers to take part in Battle of the Buskers on Strand Street this Saturday, 12th of October between 11am-5pm to raise funds for this local charity and the community it supports.

The idea is to fill the street with sound and entertainment, with the general public voting for their favourite performers with the change they donate to the collection buckets at the feet of the performers.

Throughout the day we are hoping each performer will play for around three one hour sets, and the location they are positioned will be changed to give everyone an equal chance and the funds raised weighted across the location.

We hope that this will provide a celebration of the great grass roots busking skills on the island, encouraging the public to listen to the performances rather than simply pass by on their usual shopping trips.

We have a range of music and performance types but we still have space for more. There will be a small prize for the performer who helps raise the most and the title of DreamCatcher’s Busker of the Year 2019.

Dream Catcher is an independent Manx charity that nourishes the community spirit of the Isle of Man. At the heart of what we do, are members of the general public who look out for and nominate other community members to receive a DreamCatcher gift.

These gifts are given to help lift a burden, makes life better or opens new opportunities.

To find out more please contact communityteam@dreamcatcherappeal.im or send us a phone number and a time to call here and we will be in contact with you.

Capture.PNG

Good for you for helping with this. I now owe you an apology.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions earlier.:flowers:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Good for you for helping with this. I now owe you an apology.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions earlier.:flowers:

It's fine. Not to worry.  Thank you.

5 hours ago, 2bees said:

Great event :)

Take your saxophone down... :thumbsup:

Funny you should mention that, I played my clarinet for the first time in ages last night. I think people would pay me to go away :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

Funny you should mention that, I played my clarinet for the first time in ages last night. I think people would pay me to go away :)

11 hours ago, 2bees said:

You need to come along and join us...:flowers: