Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Andreas2020  

sick trollin bro. respec.

Mayoral Chain salesmen?

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, finlo said:

You'd like to think they are newer but in the row over them a couple of weeks ago I think it was Christian said they dated back to the forties.

I can't see that there's any way that metal parts of electrical kit or rubber, natural or synthetic, could hang in that water and salt-laden environment for 70-odd years and still function. Look what it does to promenade railings. Or your car if anybody's mad enough to leave it there long term. 

Christian is talking through his botty. That stuff must have been replaced many times?

17 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

The water in the sulby reservoir belongs to the north of the island. Specifically to the plains of Andreas jurby and bride. Yet I still pay the same as anyone else without complaint. You just have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes.

Don't be silly.  Water must belong to the mountains not the plains.  It doesn't run uphill - not even at the top of the map.  In actual fact Sulby Reservoir "is at the junction of three parishes: Michael, Lezayre and Braddan".

They'll all be Ramsey soon after the bid for Island domination goes through :lol:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I haven't really thought this one through either but why should I pay the same toilet tax as those whose systems are far more expensive than my own? 

It’ll teach you to stop buying cheap...

14 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

I haven't really thought this one through either but why should I pay the same toilet tax as those whose systems are far more expensive than my own? 

Gold plated colon perhaps? 

• Haha 2

The festoon lighting was replaced on mass about 15 years ago for low voltage halogen type lamps so if the did come down in a gale the public would not get the green mile affect. Still in pretty good condition and it has not gone to the great glen in the sky.

Pre Halloween and Bonnie night the Bastion of the Capital’s purse appear to be putting out the fittings and Xmas Trees around the area formerly known as Lord St - now The Multiplex Entertainment Gastro Franchise Boulevard - it’s so vibrant down there these days, I might draw a face on a 10 bob swerver (ask if you need to) and stuff a pair of soiled trackies with Shaws Brow Corpy bog paper if it means I can cash in on this lucrative venture....

So no work for the maintenance people- the prom is shut and railings won’t be getting painted no TT etc

Add in another David with a gong and a bigger chair - the fume will be astonishing.

I got a Douglas Bus last weekend after  pints - shelter was filthy Mr Christian 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Who pays for these christmas displays, the lights etc?

Douglas ratepayers, same who pays for Douglas golf club and the bowling greens etc

11 hours ago, Banker said:

Douglas ratepayers, same who pays for Douglas golf club and the bowling greens etc

Like all the profligacy on the island, its a culture from the higher echelons of Government downwards ! Governments and local authorities don't have any money, its your money ! As we sway taking the blows from Covid, Manx Radio announces further losses despite a subsidy approaching a million quid, we continue to fund the Liverpool landing stage which strangely started out as a much vaunted no cost to the taxpayers but will end up at perhaps 60 million quid. DBC are amateurs compared to some of the premier league fantasists and wasters of resources in Government.

Rant over coffee time !!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Hmmm. And these douglas ratepayers want me to chip in and pay for their excess? They are welcome to come visit Andreas christmas tree any time they like - mid december to early january is the best time, not only that, but I dont expect them to pay for the privilege.

Christian? Bah humbug!

• Haha 1