• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the head of MHT is determined to get rid of the Manx village in the basement of the museum he says it is run down and dusty, why has it been allowed to get to this state have they no cleaners ?    

It's bad enough to bring an army of civil servants over to run the government but bringing them over to show you how to do Manx history is just taking the mick.

As I've tried to point out, this is not a TT gallery. It is meant to be a motorsport heritage gallery, reflecting the times when the island was an important place in most forms of motorcycle and car r

2 hours ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

Is there no way that the House of Manannan can be reorganised to put the new stuff in?  If needs to be updated but I imagine that would cost a bomb. 

MNH is very short of money

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

They are saving up to get £4.5m to rehouse the world's oldest yacht in an appropriate display building

The Peggy's wikipage says that she will return to Castletown. Is that still the case? If so, back in the Quayle's boathouse?

5 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The Peggy's wikipage says that she will return to Castletown. Is that still the case? If so, back in the Quayle's boathouse?

No they're talking about building something in the yard next to it.  It would have to be climate controlled, because the damp in the old boathouse was destroying it, which means they need to keep it at just the right humidity to prevent any more deterioration.  At the moment it's in a unit in the Cooil Industrial Park very slowly and carefully being dried out. 

That explains part of the cost, though it seems to be very early days in the planning at the moment. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Presumably they will spend the £4.5m to create a new, improved boathouse

Bet it looks an awful lot better than the most expensive shed on Merseyside

On 10/20/2019 at 1:17 AM, Rushen Spy said:

I would scrap both the boring "folk scene" and any idea of replacing it with a boring TT display. There are far more interesting aspects of Manx history which could be put on display and which frankly could function via their own museum sites. But I'm not going to give any of these clowns any ideas. They don't deserve my advice.

Obviously virtual reality galleries in the space provided by the dismantling of the much beloved Folklife Gallery will be able to bring 'life' to the far more interesting aspects of Manx history

Edited by Donald Trumps
9 hours ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

Is there no way that the House of Manannan can be reorganised to put the new stuff in?  If needs to be updated but I imagine that would cost a bomb. 

The English guy in charge of MNH, says HoM is being redone and updating the tech stuff, as atm they are running windows 3.1 

On 10/20/2019 at 1:17 AM, Rushen Spy said:

But I'm not going to give any of these clowns any ideas. They don't deserve my advice.

On 10/20/2019 at 4:55 PM, P.K. said:

They must be gutted....

Oddly enough, that was going to be my advice!

• Haha 2