Museum

hissingsid

Skellys' comments in Tynwald that the TT museum would be very nice at his new grandstand, where there is plenty of space, mean that this is not done yet!!!

A 3000 peep petition will be an argument against the removal of the Folk Gallery and another reason for the granstand location ( where they can charge for entry? Well, possibly!!!

A TT museum at the new grandstand is probably just what the bozos in Tynwald need to support the cost of the re-build!

One can imagine the Keys meeting, '' OOOhh, 5 mil quid for a grandstand? I don't know about that. Oh, a TT museum, yes pleeaaassseee!!! '' Skelly not so stupid?

Odd that Skelly' public pronouncements seem to have followed these forums?

PS. What the hell is a ''Museum of Museums''???

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 1

A TT museum at the Grandstand does make sense. A lot more sense than whatever is going on in the basement of the Manx Museum. I personally don't go down there because the site is haunted. I feel physically sick when I go down there. I can't understand why so many people are defending keeping the place. I'd nuke it from orbit if it was an option.

15 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

A TT museum at the Grandstand does make sense. A lot more sense than whatever is going on in the basement of the Manx Museum. I personally don't go down there because the site is haunted. I feel physically sick when I go down there. I can't understand why so many people are defending keeping the place. I'd nuke it from orbit if it was an option.

You really are a drama queen...

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, hissingsid said:

It does not matter how many petitions are signed or by how many tax payers, they do not care money is burning a hole and although the premises are not large enough for the grand plan it will happen.   Just sickening.

I still don't understand how money can be burning a hole. We're supposed to be fiscally skint, having extra taxation and charges imposed to make Govt ends meet. Clearly we're not being told something?

5 hours ago, quilp said:

It was actually the morgue down there... 

I wasn't even aware of that. I always felt an overwhelming feeling of sickness and claustrophobia whenever I'd go down there as a kid, long before knowing the building had been a hospital. It just goes to show, there is more going on in this world than what appears, and I think there is a valid case for this without invoking any religious or theological nonsense. Human beings perceive only a tiny fraction of the world around and within us with our limited sensory perception.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:26 PM, hissingsid said:

It does not matter how many petitions are signed or by how many tax payers, they do not care money is burning a hole and although the premises are not large enough for the grand plan it will happen.   Just sickening.

Spot on! Many of the MF posters must be a whizz with a Manx Crystal Ball.
https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/new-tt-gallery-set-to-open-in-2020/

it doesn’t matter what the views of the public are, petitions and negative publicity. What goes is the thoughts of Skelly, Callister and the Starship Enterprise. 

I really love this paragraph ‘The display is to focus on the people involved with the event over the years, and the impact it's had on the Island's culture, identity and community’.

Does this mean Manx National Hemorage are focusing the display on the Marshalls? Starship Enterprise Motorsports Team? TT Police? Clerk of the Course? Are we going to have some artefacts from years gone by TT Fcukups? 

Thank goodness the Manx Museum is free, judging by that press statement, if I had to pay for that ...........................

It might well be a huge attraction - as a preteen kid I remember the first port of call for many, including me, in the local museum were the mummies esp the one where some of the bandages were missing and thus showing a bit of (ancient) flesh - we were innocent in those days without tv etc.