Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Grounds Keeper Willy

MTTV Ann Corlett’s last 12 months review

12 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Who is Jimmy Cubbon?

He's the driving force behind the AWESOME looking new skate park. I have no idea about anything else he's done, or wants to do, or thinks about anything, but purely for his work on that I'd vote for him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

It probably worked out better than standing in Rushen would have done.  The problem he had was the three bits of the new constituency all had obvious local 'leaders': Cregeen in Malew, Moorhouse in Castletown (where he came a close second in 2011) and Gawne in Arbory.  But the three parts aren't quite equal in the new constituency: 40% was the old Castletown;  32% from Malew and Santon and only 27% from the old Rushen (mostly Arbory).  And this was replicated in the result with Moorhouse a bit ahead and Cregeen just beating Gawne.

Watterson is still likely to get in easily in Rushen, so it's only Skelly's seat that is up for grabs.  Whereas both Cregeen and Moorhouse look vulnerable, so there's more chance of getting in in ACM.  If Gawne stands again he will probably try there.  Uniting the Parishes doesn't actually help him as they will still be in separate constituencies.  

I’d agree. Cregeen has a surprisingly tenacious (and clearly deluded) electorate - though I agree Roger that he’ll eventually play Russian roulette with the ballot box once too often -  Moorhouse must surely be massively at risk. He’s beyond a joke.

• Like 1

I think Mrs Corlett is a hard working member of Tynwald as she was when on the Douglas Town Council, everyone does not have to be a motormouth or jump on every grandstand available as do some of the other lady members.   If she gives thought and consideration to every bill and uses her vote wisely she is just as valuable if not more than the time wasting publicity seekers such as the one that opposes everything that moves or the one that wanted to cull the goats, bring immigrants over, now on about grasslands etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

the one that wanted to cull the goats, bring immigrants over, now on about grasslands etc.

Only the immigrants without off road bikes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I’d agree. Cregeen has a surprisingly tenacious (and clearly deluded) electorate - though I agree Roger that he’ll eventually play Russian roulette with the ballot box once too often 

Russian Roulette? Credgie is bullet proof. He is the Father of the House (think about that) and will be well pensioned up come what may.

• Like 2

Hustings meeting with Moorhouse, Gawne & perhaps Cregeen would be worth attending

On 10/24/2019 at 6:17 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

I hope he does I could do with a good laugh. 

If you insist. :-)

• Like 2

On 10/25/2019 at 11:06 AM, Donald Trumps said:

Hustings meeting with Moorhouse, Gawne & perhaps Cregeen would be worth attending

If there’s no available door to trap your fingers in, yeah.

• Haha 1