Didn't take long

Neil Down

Never has so much been squandered by so many for the benefit of so few. The ONLY reason IOMG has declared this climate emergency (whilst the scientists are now saying it's nothing of the kind) is because someone mentioned to Howard and Geoffrey that the young people and usual disagreeable suspects were getting quite militant about it. Which means it's important to virtue signal about 'our planet' in the run up to the next election or risk losing votes.

14,500 FTE civil servants could be tasked with the 'climate emergency' and it wouldn't make a single jot of difference to climate change. Are our lot expecting - with all this research - to find statistics that differ from all the others around the world employed on this fool's errand? It's time to draw a line under this misuse of resources or we'll all end up in mud huts eating lentils and walking to the food bank (all the jobs will have been exported to China and India where energy is still cheap).

There is apparently climate change, that much I will concede. Without the benefit of a Master's Degree in Russian Folk Dance I reckon it's a mostly natural cycle, and any man-made component will dwindle anyway as people move to electric cars, cleaner tech and less pollution. Global warming will mean we need to burn less to stay warm in the winters and will improve food yields.

To add insult to injury I see the Manx Labour Party's green commisar is saying we shouldn't cash in on the £100m royalties the offshore gas field could provide. Assuming we could stop the MHK's spending it on themselves or their vainglorious ego projects, that's a lot of healthcare or education provision that the MLP thinks should be left in the ground. I expect they've had a quinoa overdose.

We need to stop this madness. The only IOMG response to climate change should be how to deal with it, and since no bugger can be sure which hypothesis to believe between ice age and immolation, even that is a bit premature.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Never has so much been squandered by so many for the benefit of so few. The ONLY reason IOMG has declared this climate emergency (whilst the scientists are now saying it's nothing of the kind) is because someone mentioned to Howard and Geoffrey that the young people and usual disagreeable suspects were getting quite militant about it. Which means it's important to virtue signal about 'our planet' in the run up to the next election or risk losing votes.

14,500 FTE civil servants could be tasked with the 'climate emergency' and it wouldn't make a single jot of difference to climate change. Are our lot expecting - with all this research - to find statistics that differ from all the others around the world employed on this fool's errand? It's time to draw a line under this misuse of resources or we'll all end up in mud huts eating lentils and walking to the food bank (all the jobs will have been exported to China and India where energy is still cheap).

There is apparently climate change, that much I will concede. Without the benefit of a Master's Degree in Russian Folk Dance I reckon it's a mostly natural cycle, and any man-made component will dwindle anyway as people move to electric cars, cleaner tech and less pollution. Global warming will mean we need to burn less to stay warm in the winters and will improve food yields.

To add insult to injury I see the Manx Labour Party's green commisar is saying we shouldn't cash in on the £100m royalties the offshore gas field could provide. Assuming we could stop the MHK's spending it on themselves or their vainglorious ego projects, that's a lot of healthcare or education provision that the MLP thinks should be left in the ground. I expect they've had a quinoa overdose.

We need to stop this madness. The only IOMG response to climate change should be how to deal with it, and since no bugger can be sure which hypothesis to believe between ice age and immolation, even that is a bit premature.

Excellent post.

the simplest, most cost effective way to deal with climate change on the IOM is for Govt to make a one-line statement.

”In line with our geographical position and constitutional links, we will follow the lead of the United Kingdom in the overall strategy to reduce carbon impact.”

Then, someone basically keeps part time eye on what is coming out of Whitehall. 

We really do need to get a grip of the fact that our current approach is basically the same as a provincial town declaring independence in the Midlands. A sense of reality seems to be desperately lacking.

When all this became policy, was there one politician that stood up and gave that reality check?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

You'll have to put in a formal FOI request but I'll probably decline it on the grounds that the request is vexatious.

Vexatious in that it exposes the extent of the bollocks you’re contributing to this thread.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

When all this became policy, was there one politician that stood up and gave that reality check?

Extra £10 grand a year knocks that on the head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Vexatious in that it exposes the extent of the bollocks you’re contributing to this thread.

Dear Ms Uhtred,

Many thanks for your query. Regrettably, I am unable to comment due to commercial confidentiality. If you have any further queries or wish to make an appeal on this decision, please contact the Ministry of Truth for further details. If I do not hear back from you within five working days of the above date, I shall consider the matter closed.

Best wishes

Rushen Spy

Chief Executive

Department of Openness and Transparency

Please think about the environment before printing this message to light up a blunt.

8 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Dear Ms Uhtred,

Many thanks for your query. Regrettably, I am unable to comment due to commercial confidentiality. If you have any further queries or wish to make an appeal on this decision, please contact the Ministry of Truth for further details. If I do not hear back from you within five working days of the above date, I shall consider the matter closed.

Best wishes

Rushen Spy

Chief Executive

Department of Openness and Transparency

Please think about the environment before printing this message to light up a blunt.

As I was saying...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1