Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Royal Visit

Much trumpeting from the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece about the Princess Anne’s visit today.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/princess-royal-visits-isle-of-man-today/

Will be interesting to see which Tynpotwalder makes a complete tit of themselves when being presented. I don’t know whether Peel Bridge was a local government effort or a private company? Either there will be-much back slapping and self congratulations amongst themselves and politicos - that is until something screws up, unless I’m being cynical?

Im looking forward to the picture of HRH The Chief Minister in his best Rupert Bear suit, presenting his cabinet. I’m sure the Peoples Prince Chris Thomas will be on hand to bore her to death with statistics about the island ........

I have seen on the news of 3fm The Manchild/Boy Ashcroft is opening the new £5m Adult Centre up at Nobles. Interestingly the area is called Greenfield Park. There won’t be much greenery by the time Government and Braddan Commissioners have chopped it up for development. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/5million-adult-day-care-facility-to-be-unveiled/

What sort of an idiot decides to officially open a new expensive building on the day of a Royal Visit? Must be civil servants making the arrangements! I’m sure HRH The Chief Minister will be good at multi tasking, especially eating at all those buffets and teas and coffees and cakes!

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Much trumpeting from the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece about the Princess Anne’s visit today.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/princess-royal-visits-isle-of-man-today/

Will be interesting to see which Tynpotwalder makes a complete tit of themselves when being presented. I don’t know whether Peel Bridge was a local government effort or a private company? Either there will be-much back slapping and self congratulations amongst themselves and politicos - that is until something screws up, unless I’m being cynical?

Im looking forward to the picture of HRH The Chief Minister in his best Rupert Bear suit, presenting his cabinet. I’m sure the Peoples Prince Chris Thomas will be on hand to bore her to death with statistics about the island ........

I have seen on the news of 3fm The Manchild/Boy Ashcroft is opening the new £5m Adult Centre up at Nobles. Interestingly the area is called Greenfield Park. There won’t be much greenery by the time Government and Braddan Commissioners have chopped it up for development. 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/5million-adult-day-care-facility-to-be-unveiled/

What sort of an idiot decides to officially open a new expensive building on the day of a Royal Visit? Must be civil servants making the arrangements! I’m sure HRH The Chief Minister will be good at multi tasking, especially eating at all those buffets and teas and coffees and cakes!

I take it you are peed off because you weren't invited...;)

Are they taking her up the prom (not that way :P), would love hear he thoughts on the prom

• Haha 1

Can't be a very important Royal if all she gets to do is open the extension of a hotel. Waste of money visit, but no doubt a great opportunity for some to feel important.

28 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Can't be a very important Royal if all she gets to do is open the extension of a hotel. Waste of money visit, but no doubt a great opportunity for some to feel important.

Very important - she's opening Bikestyle… 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Is it over yet, can I go outside?

Wouldn't bother if I were you, weathers gone to shit

• Like 1

Got to do an airport run, so I'm going to have to brave it

57 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

She’s a very close friend of the owner. He supplies Zara’s horses.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Got to do an airport run, so I'm going to have to brave it

take the car, it'll be quicker

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would have liked to have gone to see her but I was working n that. I did watch her getting out of a car by the British on the internet.

5 minutes ago, 2bees said:

I would have liked to have gone to see her but I was working n that. I did watch her getting out of a car by the British on the internet.

Did you see the Great and the Good?

Hope the Corpy cleaned the Dog Shit n Chewing Gum, often found in the vicinity?