Penny for the Guy - a new record set

Rushen Spy

I see that with school over on Friday for the half term the "kids" have already outside the co-op and shoprite with effigies of Guy Fawkes. Spotted as early as Saturday 26th October.

Surely it is taking the mick to be doing it when it's still October and hasn't even been Halloween yet?

It's bad enough that Christmas has been encroaching on July, August, September, October, and November, without Bonfire Night encroaching on October. There should be a law that says holidays need to be kept within their own months.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I see that with school over on Friday for the half term the "kids" have already outside the co-op and shoprite with effigies of Guy Fawkes. Spotted as early as Saturday 26th October.

Surely it is taking the mick to be doing it when it's still October and hasn't even been Halloween yet?

It's bad enough that Christmas has been encroaching on July, August, September, October, and November, without Bonfire Night encroaching on October. There should be a law that says holidays need to be kept within their own months.

Magoo-as-Scrooge-web.jpg

28 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Normally it’s a balloon on a stick or a track suit stuffed full of shredded paper or some other shit thing. None of them will be winning the Malew scarecrow competition next year. 

Why would they, It’s penny for the guy. Guy being the operative word...

7 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Only by you. Everyone else here seems to be normal. It’s great how you seem to know so much about how to stuff guys though. You must have done lots of research. 

I had a childhood, we made things. Get your mum to explain how that works...

I had to persuade my son (using the "I'll put an axe through the screen of that thing in a minute" method) that we should make a guy, he hated it. We also made brownies, he liked that. My mum bought just add water cake mixes but I still loved her :)

MrPB I don't know what kind of blue peter you were watching but all I saw was how to make a hairdresser shop with a box and sticky backed plastic - mine was shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Magoo-as-Scrooge-web.jpg

When are you going to figure out that almost my entire posting history on this site is a satire of a stereotypical boomer. I'm not genuinely bothered about kids doing penny for the guy in October. I couldn't give a flying rat's behind what other people do. At least they're just sat there like wasted meth heads and not causing any problems.

17 minutes ago, thebees said:

I had to persuade my son (using the "I'll put an axe through the screen of that thing in a minute" method) that we should make a guy, he hated it. We also made brownies, he liked that. My mum bought just add water cake mixes but I still loved her :)

MrPB I don't know what kind of blue peter you were watching but all I saw was how to make a hairdresser shop with a box and sticky backed plastic - mine was shit.

He spent most of his former years licking windows...

3 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

But you live in the UK so how did you see them outside shoprite?

• Haha 1