Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
woolley

UK General Election Dec 2019

Recommended Posts

‘Clean’ brexit = decades of trying to make trade deals - a very expensive process that will never be the equal of what comes with EU membership. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, woolley said:

Not really. I'll take an a la carte choice...

Not an option at the ballot box...

So Green or Lib Dems...or Brexit Party or UKIP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, woolley said:

Woolley Party.

Reinstate capital punishment for murder and rape where proven beyond shadow of doubt.

Life sentences to mean life with no prospect of release to re-offend. Protect the public rather than the criminals.

No tolerance crackdown on anti-social behaviour.

Prison regime to be harsh, not a holiday camp.

Armed forces strength returned to cold war levels.

Cut bureaucratic waste with the aim of running a balanced budget within two parliaments.

That should put it on the right track to be going on with.

What utter tripe.  

Death penalty has been done to "death".  It is not a deterrent, costs more than it "saves", and makes us no better than barbaric Middle Eastern countries.  And there is no such thing as beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Life sentences mean life.  I agree in principle, however, this may lead to criminals saying "fuck it" and going in all in rather than risking "life" imprisonment.

How exactly is  a "no tolerance" crackdown on anti-social behaviour supposed to look?  Baton charging protesters because you dont like what they are saying?

Prison regime to be harsh?  I don't think a stodgy old fart like yourself would last long in a prison, so bear that in mind.

Armed forces strength returned to cold war levels?!?  As someone with forces history and service, I can safely say, bollocks to that.  Bloated, wasteful and utterly unnecessary.  Who are we invading with all that man power?  Defence you say?  Who is invading to require that level of manning?  Another woolster "mail-esque" wet dream based off of nonsense.

 

What you have posted is a totalitarian wet dream, with no social conscience or care as an "I'm all right jack" boomer.

So business as usual then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

What utter tripe.  

Death penalty has been done to "death".  It is not a deterrent, costs more than it "saves", and makes us no better than barbaric Middle Eastern countries.  And there is no such thing as beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Life sentences mean life.  I agree in principle, however, this may lead to criminals saying "fuck it" and going in all in rather than risking "life" imprisonment.

How exactly is  a "no tolerance" crackdown on anti-social behaviour supposed to look?  Baton charging protesters because you dont like what they are saying?

Prison regime to be harsh?  I don't think a stodgy old fart like yourself would last long in a prison, so bear that in mind.

Armed forces strength returned to cold war levels?!?  As someone with forces history and service, I can safely say, bollocks to that.  Bloated, wasteful and utterly unnecessary.  Who are we invading with all that man power?  Defence you say?  Who is invading to require that level of manning?  Another woolster "mail-esque" wet dream based off of nonsense.

 

What you have posted is a totalitarian wet dream, with no social conscience or care as an "I'm all right jack" boomer.

So business as usual then.

Death penalty not a deterrent?  Works wonders for repeat offending. How many innocent victims would still be alive today or unmolested?  No better than barbaric Middle East countries?  Nothing barbaric about making the punishment fit the crime and exacting the ultimate retribution from the perpetrators of the most heinous. As ever, your wet liberal tendencies render you incapable of seeing that you are too civilised to protect the innocent from harm. That is not a caring society. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wrighty said:

Trauen in Winter? You were lucky, etc etc...

At one point we were based in a shoe box on the autobahn and had gravel for breakfast...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, woolley said:

Death penalty not a deterrent?  Works wonders for repeat offending. How many innocent victims would still be alive today or unmolested?  No better than barbaric Middle East countries?  Nothing barbaric about making the punishment fit the crime and exacting the ultimate retribution from the perpetrators of the most heinous. As ever, your wet liberal tendencies render you incapable of seeing that you are too civilised to protect the innocent from harm. That is not a caring society. 

If you kill one person, and 100 people still do that same crime, would you say they have been deterred from their crime?

What you want is vindictive "justice".  What do you do if you kill an innocent person?  Chalk it up as an "oh well" and move on to the next one?

Come on now woolster, you are supposedly smarter than this bullshit you're peddling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

There was a very intense cat and mouse game during the Cold War with our hunter killer subs probing and challenging USSR defences. Intelligence was gathered and spying done. The Warsaw Pact subs would shadow our subs and also probe the sea around the UK just we probed theirs. Surface units and aircraft would put in mock attacks if one our subs was detected. Often our subs were undetected as they lay off Murmansk. Another purpose was to gather the sonar signals of their ships and record them for feeding into guided weapons ie homing on the sounds. It was regular trade for the RN submarine service. The opposition were known to have fired live ammunition if subs got too close . Even now Russian subs are probing the UK which is why the RAF is hastily buying in nine American sub-buster aircraft. I was told that Polaris subs got close in to Murmansk etc but I did not believe that as I thought they would be too big and too slow They go in deep water and bob around at 4 knots so as not generate detection. But RN subs and theirs creeping around hunting each other was very real for a long time.  

Even sitting on a sandbag and swinging the light in the living room doesn't help make reading this thread any easier.

 

.

Edited by Albert Tatlock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, woolley said:

Death penalty not a deterrent?   

Yes, because as we all know no one is ever murdered in America.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, scarbunny said:

Yes, because as we all know no one is ever murdered in America.

Death sentence of in America is patchy as we know. Obviously it is not going to wipe out capital crime but it will make some pause to think. And the clincher, dead men cannot be released by liberal nutters to do it again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Not an option at the ballot box...

So Green or Lib Dems...or Brexit Party or UKIP?

Luckily, being in the Isle of Man I don't feel obliged to select one. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, woolley said:

Death sentence of in America is patchy as we know. Obviously it is not going to wipe out capital crime but it will make some pause to think. And the clincher, dead men cannot be released by liberal nutters to do it again.  

No, it really and demonstrably doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, woolley said:

Luckily, being in the Isle of Man I don't feel obliged to select one. 

Again, not the question.  Not sure why such a simple question is vexing someone who lords himself as some bastion of common sense and intellect.

If you wouldn't pick Tory or Labour, which of Green, Lib Dems, Brexit Party or UKIP would you choose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RIchard Britten said:

No, it really and demonstrably doesn't.

You're on a roll. Why not deny that it doesn't stop those executed from reoffending too? I'm sure you could find a liberal work written by some saintly bearded head-the-ball to prove it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...