When will the lies stop?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IoM newspapers did an FoI request. The response was they had to run due to contractual obligations. They asked for copies and were sent a selection of tourism brochures. They followed up and then it w

Maybe the contract was a verbal one.  With the horses. Have they used that one yet?

Is the more important factor that for far too long a blatant lie was used to try to prevent ongoing investigation as to why decisions had been taken?  This has to be almost as bad as when that scoundr

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

My point is that clearly the chap is demonstrating a high level of competence and leadership, and performing at peak. Otherwise, he would surely have had to apply for the job he left?

Come on Derek you know that's not how thing's work around these parts!

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Legislation  on age only came in this year, should of binned him two years ago. Can it not be back dated

To be fair it may have only been enshrined in law recently but most employers removed the retirement at 60 clause etc or ceased to enforce it a few years earlier.  Thankfully.

Fucking disgraceful.  I've worked for companies where they binned people out at 60.  Just a cheap out.  Whilst the government doesn't pay a state pension til 68.

By all means my employer can bin me at 60 if they like - but they will pay for that privilege. 

13 hours ago, Arron said:

I would air coution here as when somthing such as the horse tram is gone it gone forever and will probably be much lermented if it was to go.

Although i appreciate most of us that live here never use it

i'd rather it was gone forever at no loss to the tax payer than us be stuck with it forever at great cost to the taxpayer.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That's the price of heritage attractions.  If you had to make a profitable business case then there would be nothing available in relation to our heritage.

That’s not true though is it? Usually in the UK these sort of attractions are maintained and manned by volunteers in clubs and not for profit organizations. There’s plenty of old boys who like to tinker with trams and trains etc and this Island is literally full of pensioners. We must be the only place on earth where all these heritage attractions are manned and maintained by staff on full government rates of pay and government types of benefit. But we can’t have anyone doing anything for free in the IOM when government could be spaffing taxpayers money on it to build an empire. 

22 minutes ago, MrPB said:

That’s not true though is it? Usually in the UK these sort of attractions are maintained and manned by volunteers in clubs and not for profit organizations. There’s plenty of old boys who like to tinker with trams and trains etc and this Island is literally full of pensioners. We must be the only place on earth where all these heritage attractions are manned and maintained by staff on full government rates of pay and government types of benefit. But we can’t have anyone doing anything for free in the IOM when government could be spaffing taxpayers money on it to build an empire. 

Don't necessarily disagree with you but that's not entirely true either,: https://www.heritagefund.org.uk/funding/check-what-we-fund

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Well it is tax payers money really.  In the worst possible sense.  You are spending your post taxed income on a lottery which is then running railways.

By no stretch of the imagination is lottery money taxpayers money. Its funded by people’s discretionary purchasing of scratch cards and lottery tickets. I appreciate the link though as it was interesting. As i said it’s rare to see the taxpayer funding such heritage features in the UK. Even the National Trust is funded by donations. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Thanks for the link. That’s national lottery funding though not taxpayers money. 

If the legally backed lottery wasn't providing the funding who do you think would be providing that instead? 

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

If the legally backed lottery wasn't providing the funding who do you think would be providing that instead? 

No I agree with you. I’m just saying that thankfully in the UK it often isn’t taxpayer money (unlike here) as the lottery and national trust take up the slack. I’m just saying that we have quite a unique system where the taxpayer seems to pay for almost everything heritage related and volunteers don’t seem to be encouraged to run services as government seems to want to run loss making attractions like the trams time and time again. 

• Like 1