Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

Change of name

On 11/13/2019 at 6:35 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Not immediately, but according to Section 6(5) of the Representation of the People Act 1995:

So it would take some time as all the legal processes would have to be gone through and there is then a six month grace period.  Obviously this would only apply to personal bankruptcy, not to the bankruptcy of any firms in which the person was involved.

Hence the legal advice then clearly to distance herself from other family linked debts. 

8 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Hence the legal advice then clearly to distance herself from other family linked debts. 

Do you, Kate Costain, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband ?

For richer,  for poorer etc etc:whistling:

• Like 1

Just to piss her off I’m going to change my name to Kate Beecroft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Just to piss her off I’m going to change my name to Kate Beecroft.

Absolute quality post :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

She got away with the hospital cleaning job despite a conflict of interest perhaps this was the main client source for he Company and when that went out of the window it was a downward spiral.......

• Sad 1

I would infer from what is being intimated above that ( those posters ) think it is a 'Divorce of Convenience'. The purpose being to separate Kate from the dissolving  of the family cleaning company but as JW has pointed out, a business failure does not affect the position of the MHK!

Now, if it were the failure of a dodgy company selling land in , let's say |Portugal, you know the the type, buy shares in this land and we will build a Golf Course and appartments but it turns out to be scrub land that could never be developed for anything, if this were a joint purchase and the directors of the holding company are facing fraud and boiler room charges in the UK courts, then I could see the reason to try to separate oneself from that scam but, if  jointly purchased, prior to the separation, the liability, financial or reputationally, whether sold for a nominal fee or not, remains 'joint' and the above implications would not apply?

Could it simply be the breakdown of a marriage?

Edited by Kopek

8 hours ago, Kopek said:

Now, if it were the failure of a dodgy company selling land in , let's say |Portugal, you know the the type, buy shares in this land and we will build a Golf Course and appartments but it turns out to be scrub land that could never be developed for anything, if this were a joint purchase and the directors of the holding company are facing fraud and boiler room charges in the UK courts, then I could see the reason to try to separate oneself from that scam but, if  jointly purchased, prior to the separation, the liability, financial or reputationally, whether sold for a nominal fee or not, remains 'joint' and the above implications would not apply?

??????

Totally weird scenario pitched there. Unless you’re suggesting anything?