Help need cheap house to rent

Please can anyone tell me where I can find cheap property to rent instead of going through estate agents/letting agencies. or knows of anyone who rents directly. Looking to come home after many years away. Up to 2 bedroom house/cottage would be ideal but don't have a good budget. Thanks

33 minutes ago, Damokat said:

Please can anyone tell me where I can find cheap property to rent instead of going through estate agents/letting agencies. or knows of anyone who rents directly. Looking to come home after many years away. Up to 2 bedroom house/cottage would be ideal but don't have a good budget. Thanks

Sorry to inform you that the word's cheap property are an oxymoron over here now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Facebook seems to be the place to get a rental these days but you have to watch the groups like a hawk, be quick to contact the landlord and not have any pets/benefits/kids. Don't look at the landlord funny either. The added bonus is that you'll get ripped off and be expected to like it. 

Edited by Onchanlass
On 11/11/2019 at 3:27 PM, The Phantom said:

Courier is usually ok for private landlords.  I've had a couple of ok landlords and properties over the years for reasonable prices.

But you'd be looking at at least £800 for a house somewhere relatively close to Douglas. 

A small house too for £800 p.m.