Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Grounds Keeper Willy

Huge IOMG pension contribution short fall

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I think everyone is 100% entitled to what was in their job description. All those who thought the Civil Service was for losers are sick as fuck now that they chose higher paid jobs ( at the time) and now have next to fuck all for a pension. Read it and weep.

Every single job in the CS was open to anyone qualified. Most moaners on here were not educated enough to apply for most jobs, so don’t qualify to complain. So fucking boring reading the same old same old every day about the  pensions .

If you were clever enough to get a job in the CS and didn’t, then blame yourself not the ones who got the jobs.

I don't think @finlo is only referring to the CS taking what they are legally entitled to. Somebody oversaw this and knew about it. Some, a long time ago.

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I think everyone is 100% entitled to what was in their job description. All those who thought the Civil Service was for losers are sick as fuck now that they chose higher paid jobs ( at the time) and now have next to fuck all for a pension. Read it and weep.

Every single job in the CS was open to anyone qualified. Most moaners on here were not educated enough to apply for most jobs, so don’t qualify to complain. So fucking boring reading the same old same old every day about the  pensions .

If you were clever enough to get a job in the CS and didn’t, then blame yourself not the ones who got the jobs.

You're way off the mark there Dilli, why should those who create disaster profit from it?

7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

edit to add that it not directed at you Ffinlo.

Ha ha ha what a twat. 

6 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Ha ha ha what a twat. 

Did you mean what is a twat ? Shall I draw you a picture, or send a link to xhamster. ?

17 minutes ago, finlo said:

You're way off the mark there Dilli, why should those who create disaster profit from it?

I was referring to CS staff not the MHKs

22 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

edit to add that it not directed at you Ffinlo.

But 30+ years ago we didn't know they were going to run off with all the dosh!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

But 30+ years ago we didn't know they were going to run off with all the dosh!

30 years ago the job description was the same.Snooze you lose.we could all have been in the money eh? I thought about the CS but opted for engineering. What a mistake. I now suffer the consequences.

7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Did you mean what is a twat ? Shall I draw you a picture, or send a link to xhamster. ?

We all know what a twat is. From your regular outbursts on here clearly a self entitled taxpayer funded wanker trying to justify the largesse invested into you by the taxpayer by coming on here night after night insulting the taxpayers who have funded your good fortune. 

• Like 1

This is yet another FUBAR that is going to financially impact on every man, woman, child and household pet on this Island for generations to come. Along with the MEA.

And once again the line is, move along, nothing to see, just take the hit and stop whingeing.

4 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

We all know what a twat is. From your regular outbursts on here clearly a self entitled taxpayer funded wanker trying to justify the largesse invested into you by the taxpayer by coming on here night after night insulting the taxpayers who have funded your good fortune. 

I get absolutely fuck all from the taxpayer, believe me. We are all taxpayers, no matter where we work, even the CS and they pay more than most.

What a strange view of people you have.

• Like 1

From where I sit and watch it's an awful situation for just about everybody on the island.  What I see, and I'm by no means sure that I'm right, is a very high percentage of the population with contracts of employment that legally entitled them to a pension but that is insufficiently funded.

I also see a blame game kicking off in some cases actually blaming the people who are entitled to that pension. 

IMO that is wrong from the outset. 

Again in my opinion if blame is to be apportioned then it will be very difficult to do so because what I see, here again I may well be wrong, is a systemic failure that was never recognised let alone accepted.

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I get absolutely fuck all from the taxpayer, believe me. We are all taxpayers, no matter where we work, even the CS and they pay more than most.

What a strange view of people you have.

idiot,   the tax the CS pay is other peoples tax money to start with, along with the rest of their pay packet.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, WTF said:

idiot,   the tax the CS pay is other peoples tax money to start with, along with the rest of their pay packet.

The tax paid by government employees is tax on their earnings. Government employees are paid by the government. Governments have no money and rely on taxes and other incomes.  So to claim that government employees are paid by other people's money is wrong. They are paid by the government.  Don't slag off government employees for this, blame the government.

1 hour ago, Rog said:

The tax paid by government employees is tax on their earnings. Government employees are paid by the government. Governments have no money and rely on taxes and other incomes.  So to claim that government employees are paid by other people's money is wrong. They are paid by the government.  Don't slag off government employees for this, blame the government.

read that back to yourself.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1