Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Grounds Keeper Willy

Huge IOMG pension contribution short fall

37 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Nah.

I just figure that if you hate Blair then he must have done something good....

:)

LOL!

I follow your logic! :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rog said:

Did he care?  For that matter did he have the ability to understand let alone care? 

From having met him a couple of times I very much doubt it.

I've never met him, but people who've worked with him speak well of his abilities

(Tell, a lie - he wrapped a pottery dish up for me in his shop one day)

26 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

I've never met him, but people who've worked with him speak well of his abilities

He was very personable. But being a nice guy to meet isn't enough. Nor is being a snotty little creep but enough about Bell.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Remind me again, what were his abilities..?

13 hours ago, P.K. said:

When the UK wised up to the island's VAT scam Mr A Brown had the perfect opportunity to rightsize the CS/PS.

He ducked it (spelling?) and just let the situation get worse.

A classic SEP.

Strange how they didn't wise up to it before agreeing to it.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:48 AM, Rog said:

From where I sit and watch it's an awful situation for just about everybody on the island.  What I see, and I'm by no means sure that I'm right, is a very high percentage of the population with contracts of employment that legally entitled them to a pension but that is insufficiently funded.

I also see a blame game kicking off in some cases actually blaming the people who are entitled to that pension. 

IMO that is wrong from the outset. 

Again in my opinion if blame is to be apportioned then it will be very difficult to do so because what I see, here again I may well be wrong, is a systemic failure that was never recognised let alone accepted.

Senior Civil servants are paid to recognise and strategically manage risks, that what they get 60k plus a year for...before they retired with their big handshake, incompetence hidden and well rewarded.

• Like 1

And now the liability tops £4Bn (this week's Examiner). Up £448M in the 2018 - 2019 figures.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And now the liability tops £4Bn (this week's Examiner). Up £448M in the 2018 - 2019 figures.

Nothing to worry about, the taxpayer will be contributing to this whilst drawing a pitiful state pension that in some cases they have contributed to for over 45 years 

54 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Nothing to worry about, the taxpayer will be contributing to this whilst drawing a pitiful state pension that in some cases they have contributed to for over 45 years 

I've done 49 years and it winds me up that this has been allowed to happen unchecked by those who totally benefit the most ! There's a surprise .....not !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Unless you are a woman then it matters not if you have 45 plus years you still have to wait, as the then supposed pension agreement was reneged upon !

21 hours ago, asitis said:

Unless you are a woman then it matters not if you have 45 plus years you still have to wait, as the then supposed pension agreement was reneged upon !

Yes it's ironic that those who haven't addressed their pensions (CS) can so easily change the ordinary persons in the streets terms and conditions to a detrimental effect but it will be those same people who will have to provide the shortfall . They knew about issues for sure early 2000 as a senior civil servant friend of mine had pointed it out very forcefully but they brushed the presentation aside . He persevered  and eventually say 2006 ish he was listened too and they agreed . But guess what still did nothing . Why would they !!?? They had cast iron T and C and they don't care .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes it's ironic that those who haven't addressed their pensions (CS) can so easily change the ordinary persons in the streets terms and conditions to a detrimental effect but it will be those same people who will have to provide the shortfall . They knew about issues for sure early 2000 as a senior civil servant friend of mine had pointed it out very forcefully but they brushed the presnatation aside . He preserved and eventually say 2006 ish he was listened too and they agreed . But guess what still did nothing . Why would they !!?? They had cast iron T and C and they don't care .  

Thus has it always been, and thus shall it ever be. 

Don't do as I do, do as I say

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, if you know someone who got a job using false information on their CV, who do you report that too?