Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
gettafa

Staffing struggles caused delays in tax division

They probably thought you had too much money already & wouldn't mind if it rested in the government accounts for a bit to get them through financial year end

On 11/20/2019 at 2:06 PM, foxdaleliberationfront said:

I always wondered about the logic of paying a £0.42 tax bill. Surely it costs them more than that to process it? 

They sent me a 1p coin in the post once

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Phillip Dearden said:

I think this is wrong.

You can argue about the justification for the level and nature  of tax but that is a political decision.

In my experience the Income Tax Division try to be fair and helpful and their machinery is set up to produce automatic rebates where appropriate.

Yes, it's morally and ethically wrong. I stand by what I said because it is the truth and not an opinion or guess. It is a fact.

If you cannot work out your own tax as a private punter then you should be shafted.Incidentally they owe me £669.50 (figures altered by a couple of pence so they cannot identify me)..And yes they are dragging their feet.My assessor is probably one of those that takes off more than the three weeks average sickness.Probably 59 years old and just been promoted as well..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SJR said:

If you cannot work out your own tax as a private punter then you should be shafted.Incidentally they owe me £669.50 (figures altered by a couple of pence so they cannot identify me)..And yes they are dragging their feet.My assessor is probably one of those that takes off more than the three weeks average sickness.Probably 59 years old and just been promoted as well..

Or your sums are wrong eh ?

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

It is the easiest thing in the World to work out as a private punter.Even easier than to spout shite on a forum for the mostly deranged..

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Serious question. When is this troll going to be banned? All he does is get drunk and insult people every night.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SJR said:

Thank you. It is a fact that they are dragging their feet, but what is most disgusting is that it is targeted at people on low incomes.

6 minutes ago, timetraveler said:

Thank you. It is a fact that they are dragging their feet, but what is most disgusting is that it is targeted at people on low incomes.

People on low incomes are not paying tax.

9 minutes ago, timetraveler said:

Serious question. When is this troll going to be banned? All he does is get drunk and insult people every night.

I may insult the stupid. I do not insult clever posters. I just point out what is obvious. 

Seriously, I am not actually sure what a “troll” is.

Edited by dilligaf

If something pops up and you read it you cannot be a troll.If people disagree with me then that is the mark of a free society.You may disagree with everything they say but what the fuck..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I may insult the stupid. I do not insult clever posters. I just point out what is obvious. 

Seriously, I am not actually sure what a “troll” is.

You just post random insults. Like, yesterday, totally randomly, you called be a "tosser". Totally ruined an otherwise reasonable discussion. Get your alcohol intake under control and stop being a d-ck, okay?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, timetraveler said:

You just post random insults. Like, yesterday, totally randomly, you called be a "tosser". Totally ruined an otherwise reasonable discussion. Get your alcohol intake under control and stop being a d-ck, okay?

So you calling me a "tard" is not an insult. Get a life and go back to a different username. One where you were half decent in your comments.

( BTW, "tard" is quit a rare name to call people, yet I'm sure someone else used that term quite often on here.)