Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
thesultanofsheight

The perfect example of CS petty mindedness

Recommended Posts

I see this has now hit the BBC TV News this evening and rightly so. It’s the perfect example of all that is wrong with the IOM and it’s public sector. No doubt there’s a CS desk jockey somewhere getting a huge big stiffy about using his power to sock it to some eco warrior but honestly - it’s pathetic. It makes government look pathetic, it makes the Island look pathetic, and it makes whichever talentless knob-jockey pursuing this ridiculous vendetta on our taxes look pathetic.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/man-accused-of-trespass-in-ramsey-forest/

Boots Dept is clearly happy to bask in the glory of the project in order to try to hoodwink people at this year’s UNESCO Biosphere Awards to believe they might have some environmental credentials, but really someone’s clearly just been waiting for it all to die down so they can kick him in the balls just for the fun of it. Utter wankers. Why would anyone want to move to the IOM and potentially end up dealing with such total fucktards? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bit I like is that they highlighted him as a glowing example of our eco biosphere isle of man only a few months ago. They may let him move back in for a couple of weeks next summer when the next presentation is on.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Government should exist only to serve the people, but our government serves itself by theft and mistreatment of the people.  It's a total sham. The agenda of government is government and more government. The main people who suffer under this are normal working people.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or perhaps they can move him, his mates and his cabin to a patch on Howard Quayle's land?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks pathetic, it is pathetic, but IF the chap's smallholding encompasses DEFA land then that land actually belongs to us citizens and DEFA have to manage the asset responsibly on our behalf, not let it be pinched by individuals. Logical thing might be to charge him a small ground rent instead, but I expect that would have a cost to set up and could open the doors to other happy campers.

 

Anyway, someone living so cheaply and environmentally responsibly doesn't need much income, can probably survive below the income tax threshold, so it's not in Gov't's interest to allow him or other tiny house dwellers to succeed!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

The bit I like is that they highlighted him as a glowing example of our eco biosphere isle of man only a few months ago. They may let him move back in for a couple of weeks next summer when the next presentation is on.

If we haven’t already pissed all over “Freedom to Flourish” enough this is some sort of watershed moment. When we’re pushing a doomed locate strategy and pretty much bribing people to come here this is pretty good evidence of why we’re failing across the board and having to buy people off to come here. It’s because IOMG is far too often full of sad pathetic wankers like this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got to wonder, when they use the award-winning slogan "Year of Our Island", who exactly is represented by the pronoun "Our"?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, craggy_steve said:

It looks pathetic, it is pathetic, but IF the chap's smallholding encompasses DEFA land then that land actually belongs to us citizens and DEFA have to manage the asset responsibly on our behalf, not let it be pinched by individuals. Logical thing might be to charge him a small ground rent instead, but I expect that would have a cost to set up and could open the doors to other happy campers.

 

Anyway, someone living so cheaply and environmentally responsibly doesn't need much income, can probably survive below the income tax threshold, so it's not in Gov't's interest to allow him or other tiny house dwellers to succeed!

How is it pathetic ? The guy is squatting on Government land. He has no right to be there and no right to build a dwelling there and I personally hope his shed is pulled down as an example before we have more nomads building sheds in forests. Most people stopped doing that at about 14 years old. FFS how is this seen as being wrong to bin him off the land he has no right to.

Imagine if we all thought like TSOS and just ignored the laws of the land and went around doing whatever we wanted, where ever we wanted. This fool is no bette4 that that idiot scampy the tree dweller or whatever he wanted to be. People supporting him are equally as ignorant as he is 

Let him buy his own land to build his shack on or even buy a house .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

If we haven’t already pissed all over “Freedom to Flourish” enough this is some sort of watershed moment. When we’re pushing a doomed locate strategy and pretty much bribing people to come here this is pretty good evidence of why we’re failing across the board and having to buy people off to come here. It’s because IOMG is far too often full of sad pathetic wankers like this. 

Is it a family member then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

How is it pathetic ?

If the reports are to be believed It's 3 metres of intrusion onto land of which DEFA has claimed ownership _since_ he moved in. DEFA didn't know they owned that land when he moved in, the land registry searches didn't show it, so their claim of ownership is retrospective. The rest of the plot is not being disputed by them. In return he's cleared a lot of polluting junk which should not have been permitted to be abandoned, so his occupation has made a positive contribution at no apparent cost to the taxpayer. Resorting to eviction notices and trespass charges is, on the face of it, daft overkill - there should be a better middle way which doesn't bring IoMG into disrepute (whether they are in the right or not).

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, craggy_steve said:

If the reports are to be believed It's 3 metres of intrusion onto land of which DEFA has claimed ownership _since_ he moved in. DEFA didn't know they owned that land when he moved in, the land registry searches didn't show it, so their claim of ownership is retrospective. The rest of the plot is not being disputed by them. In return he's cleared a lot of polluting junk which should not have been permitted to be abandoned, so his occupation has made a positive contribution at no apparent cost to the taxpayer. Resorting to eviction notices and trespass charges is, on the face of it, daft overkill - there should be a better middle way which doesn't bring IoMG into disrepute (whether they are in the right or not).

 

Sorry, but I don’t agree. If you want to build a house, you buy the land. Not just think, oh, this looks nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

How is it pathetic ? The guy is squatting on Government land. He has no right to be there and no right to build a dwelling there and I personally hope his shed is pulled down as an example before we have more nomads building sheds in forests. Most people stopped doing that at about 14 years old. FFS how is this seen as being wrong to bin him off the land he has no right to.

Imagine if we all thought like TSOS and just ignored the laws of the land and went around doing whatever we wanted, where ever we wanted. This fool is no bette4 that that idiot scampy the tree dweller or whatever he wanted to be. People supporting him are equally as ignorant as he is 

Let him buy his own land to build his shack on or even buy a house .

Fair shout but one minute lauded the next minute condemned....?

By the same so-called "government" - what a joke they are.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees a total lack of any kind of joined up thinking in this episode that makes both sides involved in Mr Quayle's organisation look really really stupid.

So no change there then...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

How is it pathetic ? The guy is squatting on Government land. He has no right to be there and no right to build a dwelling there and I personally hope his shed is pulled down as an example before we have more nomads building sheds in forests. Most people stopped doing that at about 14 years old. FFS how is this seen as being wrong to bin him off the land he has no right to.

Imagine if we all thought like TSOS and just ignored the laws of the land and went around doing whatever we wanted, where ever we wanted. This fool is no bette4 that that idiot scampy the tree dweller or whatever he wanted to be. People supporting him are equally as ignorant as he is 

Let him buy his own land to build his shack on or even buy a house .

Wow - your knee bending, deference and pathetic snivelling to the Government plumbs new depths.

This bloke is actually the embodiment of a Likeable Rogue - doing his own thing harming no one and being different to the majority

You'll be cleaning Howard's tractor for free tomorrow - Stooge.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...