Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Derek Flint

Climate change. discuss/.

Recommended Posts

The latest piece of Ennvirobollocks - this one from Douglas Borough Council "it is well documented that trees can help reverse climate change" - is it? Where?  

Yes planting trees is beneficial, but has any tree anywhere in the world been recorded "reversing climate change".  Fair enough encourage planting, but don't claim what isn't true! 

78768680_2977684665616281_8993338261405433856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=fPjS9qalbXwAQkoWE9yoo8HmSuRFfCUC7eBDMXP2L4teoUaPul1Ychd1Q&_nc_ht=scontent.fgci1-1.fna&oh=299b9c16c6e7363e5809fa249307eae6&oe=5E7E3BF9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of interest, why are you telling us (a bunch of quasi-anonymous forum goers) and not the world's media and scientific community?

Always amazed that such brilliant minds are being wasted on the backwaters of the internet when the world needs to know.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

The latest piece of Ennvirobollocks - this one from Douglas Borough Council "it is well documented that trees can help reverse climate change" - is it? Where?  

Yes planting trees is beneficial, but has any tree anywhere in the world been recorded "reversing climate change".  Fair enough encourage planting, but don't claim what isn't true! 

78768680_2977684665616281_8993338261405433856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=fPjS9qalbXwAQkoWE9yoo8HmSuRFfCUC7eBDMXP2L4teoUaPul1Ychd1Q&_nc_ht=scontent.fgci1-1.fna&oh=299b9c16c6e7363e5809fa249307eae6&oe=5E7E3BF9

I wonder just how much thought has gone into just how suitable they are for residential gardens...

 

 

ETA - None at all

Edited by Neil Down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

The latest piece of Ennvirobollocks - this one from Douglas Borough Council "it is well documented that trees can help reverse climate change" - is it? Where?  

Erm ... here for example in one of the world’s most prestigious Scientific journals summarising decades of work. 

More info here

Yes, you are more ignorant than the clerk in Douglas Borough Council who penned the announcement. Oh dear. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chinahand said:

Erm ... here for example in one of the world’s most prestigious Scientific journals summarising decades of work. 

More info here

Yes, you are more ignorant than the clerk in Douglas Borough Council who penned the announcement. Oh dear. 

That's a theory. I asked for a documented example! 

 

Answer the question that's asked, not the one you would like to answer! 

 

With an ability to divert questions like that have you ever considered standing in politics? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Erm ... here for example in one of the world’s most prestigious Scientific journals summarising decades of work. 

14 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

That's a theory. I asked for a documented example! 

Yes, come on China, we've been down this road before somewhere. What's the independent variable? :lol:

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sheldon said:
48 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

That's a theory. I asked for a documented example! 

Yes, come on China, we've been down this road before somewhere. What's the independent variable? :lol:

Yeah

y = Areas carbon budget 

x = number of trees in area  

is too complicated for some people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Yeah

y = Areas carbon budget 

x = number of trees in area  

is too complicated for some people. 

Where is the example of it being recorded reversing climate change? 

 

Removing CO2 is one thing. But where is the example of it reversing climate change - I suppose you lot would need to decide what climate change is in the first place! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One planet yet so many climate experts. Makes you wonder why it is considered to be a problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

Yes, come on China, we've been down this road before somewhere. What's the independent variable? :lol:

The style of "debating" does seem familiar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howard Quayle & The Wood At Poo Corner

CM has chosen Meary Veg as the location for his personal tree planting scheme, & has the nerve now to call it a 'people's project'

Presumably this is to avoid actually having to pay for it himself & lumping it on the taxpayer as per usual

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/site-chosen-for-the-peoples-wood/

 

770994-1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm concerned. If the Chief Minister is planning to plant 85,000 trees between now and the end of 2021, will he have anytime to do anything else? 

That's 112 trees a day, every day between now and the end of 2021. Seems a bit ambitious for one person to do all that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be ambitious for the entire DEFA to do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...