TT Scoreboard Consultation

2 minutes ago, Twitch said:

I would think it more likely that the overarching Festival of Motorcycling moniker would be dropped, with the MGP, Classic TT and VMCC Rally retained and promoted in their own right.

That has actually happened, although no announcement was made to this effect. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strange isn't it? We can afford to be bandying £50M Grandstand and scoreboard redevelopment sums about; but we can't afford to send the Fishery Protection vessel out to sea...

And what fuckwit thought that would be a good idea. The event's are near enough a polar opposite to each other as one is mainly a car based hill climb with various static displays. And in the good old

Not really Derek, the scoreboards are not vital to the running of the races and have no effect on any outcomes, they are purely for the visitor experience and letting the pit crew know that their ride

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That has actually happened, although no announcement was made to this effect. 

Another pointless and expensive rebranding exercise?

• Like 2

Somebody was telling me the other day that the FOM title had been ditched?

Can't myself see how a government now fully committed to attaining a carbon zero economy can continue to bankroll motor racing in any way, shape or form

• Like 2

And what fuckwit thought that would be a good idea. The event's are near enough a polar opposite to each other as one is mainly a car based hill climb with various static displays. And in the good old days the MGP was for the amateur back street spanner man to run his shuttle worth snap he had knocked together  in a garage  and then squeeze 19 stone into the leathers he had purchased in the sixty's when he was 10 stone soaking wet and get to ride on the glorious mountain circuit. the one and only time in the year his ACU licence seen the light of day

Probabley rose tinted glasses, But still remember with fondness the bikes parading down onto the prom before heading up to Mylchreest's to be held under lock and key before racing the next day(to prevent cheating don't you know) good old days and the stench of Castrol R30/40. Gently sobs into his Pint as memories gently plays on the duke box in the corner

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Nothing to stop an annual Festival of Ancient Motor Cycling going ahead 

It just couldn't be openly or directly funded by IOMG

16 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Can't myself see how a government now fully committed to attaining a carbon zero economy can continue to bankroll motor racing in any way, shape or form

*terms and conditions apply.

18 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Cos we've got a massive Govt wage bill and Pension liability to honour, for a start. Exceptions can be made under extraordinary circumstances.

Going back to the score board I suspect it was a done deal when the consultation was announced that is usually the way things work when the government is involved then when it proves unpopular that is the defence.    To spend any money improving or altering anything TT associated is wrong when the whole affair is problematic.

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Cos we've got a massive Govt wage bill and Pension liability to honour, for a start. Exceptions can be made under extraordinary circumstances.

I can see IOMSPC perhaps sponsoring the Festival of Ancient Motorcycling but an administration with a programme for government based on the Curran Report would lay itself massively open if it was the primary financial backer for highly polluting motor racing on a large scale

On 8/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, hissingsid said:

Going back to the score board I suspect it was a done deal when the consultation was announced that is usually the way things work when the government is involved then when it proves unpopular that is the defence.    To spend any money improving or altering anything TT associated is wrong when the whole affair is problematic.

So we don't get involved in anything then? That bloody DHSC is nothing but problems, that can go for a start?