Man jailed for smuggling Cocaine

hissingsid

Drugs are aplenty on this island, I know of someone who wanted to bring some over for their personal use on the boat, I said don’t you dare, get caught importing and you’ll get fucked, personal use or not. Within an hour of landing he got fixed up, it’s almost like a secret handshake society, a lot of dealers dabble themselves so the giveaway signs are fairly obvious and stay in one place long enough and you generally see a deal or two taking place.

The Police know it happens and I believe are only interested in the big guns, most nicked for drugs have done something else to draw attention to themselves such as anti social behaviour, violent behaviour, drunk and disorderly or driving offences. We thankfully live in a mostly live and let live society.

For example the chances of someone suited and booted working in Athol St getting caught with a bit of snow is extremely unlikely, if the Police wanted to catch Joe public they’d be out walking their sniffer dogs down Strand St every weekend day and night.

• Like 3

That’s fine, I am good with that. I used to have a ball taking drugs (Over 20 years ago), thankfully I was never caught with class A’s (or never caught then let off, like happened to someone I know) getting caught really fucks things up for ordinary people.
Derek, the police are not the public, they are the law and it’s not a familiar life to have involvement with them.  Some kids grow up with the police round every 5 minutes, some never have anything interaction with them at all. It’s not normal to have your house searched by the police. IMO some of the police & “criminal types” are too familiar with playing cops and robbers. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NoTail said:

If I knew someone who was supplying drugs I would most certainly tell the police. As I would about any perceived criminal activity. 

They wouldn't do anything though. Oh sorry,they'd study those people very closely,whist not getting out of the van. No sorry,they'd pay great attention to your details and add it to an ever increasing file they're keeping,in the dark.

17 hours ago, 2bees said:

Derek, I was not talking about current situations. But...Seriously? Phone crime stoppers? Pffft

Why not? It is either that or do it properly, and go into a police station. That way your evidence can be properly assessed, and you as an individual properly firewalled as a source which will not be compromised

9 hours ago, 2bees said:

Derek, the police are not the public, they are the law and it’s not a familiar life to have involvement with them.  Some kids grow up with the police round every 5 minutes, some never have anything interaction with them at all. It’s not normal to have your house searched by the police. IMO some of the police & “criminal types” are too familiar with playing cops and robbers. 

Yes they are. They are citizens just like the rest of us, with a few more powers and the consent of the public to exercise them, and protect society. They cannot function without that interaction with people who want to maintain that safe society. 

People have a choice. They can either stand idly by and watch social standards disintegrate, and lawlessness prevail, or they can stand up and do their bit. In extremis, it is the individual fending off a terrorist with a bread tray at Borough Market, or a Narhwal tusk at London Bridge. When put in that context, it’s not a lot to ask someone to pick up the phone and say what they know, is it?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Why not? It is either that or do it properly, and go into a police station. That way your evidence can be properly assessed, and you as an individual properly firewalled as a source which will not be compromised

Yes they are. They are citizens just like the rest of us, with a few more powers and the consent of the public to exercise them, and protect society. They cannot function without that interaction with people who want to maintain that safe society. 

People have a choice. They can either stand idly by and watch social standards disintegrate, and lawlessness prevail, or they can stand up and do their bit. In extremis, it is the individual fending off a terrorist with a bread tray at Borough Market, or a Narhwal tusk at London Bridge. When put in that context, it’s not a lot to ask someone to pick up the phone and say what they know, is it?

Quite right I must say.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

In extremis, it is the individual fending off a terrorist with a bread tray at Borough Market, or a Narhwal tusk at London Bridge. 

I’d rather a narwhal tusk and bread tray anytime over a 21”/ 26” expandable baton and no shield...!!

I'm too 'on the wine' to reply seriously here :) but honestly? You have no idea Derek, you are one of the cops in the game of cops and robbers I was talking about earlier, it is not standard reality, its totally alien to the majority, which includes the masses who've never so much as smoked a spliff but would "hang the fucken lot of them" - How can you even think any of this is OK? /throws arms open in utter disbelief at the ridiculousness of it all! KYS

7 hours ago, thebees said:

I'm too 'on the wine' to reply seriously here :) but honestly? You have no idea Derek, you are one of the cops in the game of cops and robbers I was talking about earlier, it is not standard reality, its totally alien to the majority, which includes the masses who've never so much as smoked a spliff but would "hang the fucken lot of them" - How can you even think any of this is OK? /throws arms open in utter disbelief at the ridiculousness of it all! KYS

No idea?

OK. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, manxst said:

I’d rather a narwhal tusk and bread tray anytime over a 21”/ 26” expandable baton and no shield...!!

i'd rather the baton,  but its classed an an offensive weapon in public hands and a defensive weapon in police hands,  not sure why it gets 2 definitions??