Bill Dale Beach Buddies..How much.

Returning to a well worn subject how much is that former snapper for the local "newspapers" paying himself and his buddies.I see the massive pick ups around the Island but wearing the best trainers those alleged "volunteers" have never set foot on a beach..Some of them  are in a disgusting state.Show me your accounts..

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Christ! They kicked you out of the pub early.

Make the Hilton's inmates earn their keep!

Is SJR actually Bill?   Nothing like a bit of publicity and all the best have a thread of hate on Manxforums.

12 minutes ago, SJR said:

Returning to a well worn subject how much is that former snapper for the local "newspapers" paying himself and his buddies.I see the massive pick ups around the Island but wearing the best trainers those alleged "volunteers" have never set foot on a beach..Some of them  are in a disgusting state.Show me your accounts..

Beach Buddies is a charity and has to file audited accounts, how do you think that the work is done in organising beach clean ups? Have you ever done anything for nothing full time?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, SJR said:

Has Sir Bill ever audited anything..And I doubt that he has ever done anything for nothing in his whole life..And as for organising beach clean ups he must be a failure as those that I walked on recently are full of plastic and have not seen a buddy sinch Buddy Holly......

The word 'Horses Arse' comes to mind whenever I read tripe like this.

• Like 2

There's two tides a day washing (largely) other people's shite up on to the Island's shores. How anybody could be expected to keep on top of that is beyond most comprehension if not impossible. Credit to anybody who's trying.

Should Govt or local authorities be doing it or more? Rather than, say, pushing seaweed (and rubbish) back into the sea with a tractor?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

Slightly off topic,but did the Steam packet ferries,just chuck bin loads of rubbish or food waste into the sea in the 70s? Or did i imagine it.?

Yes. Witnessed it many times. Black bin bags thrown from a small door towards the stern of the sideloaders and left to float away approaching either Liverpool or Douglas depending on the sailing.

New York City used to have barges that took the city's refuse out to sea for dumping. HUGE barges.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SJR said:

You do know that the VOLUNTEERS do not have to pick litter up at all as its voluntary?

If not for those volunteers who are out in all weathers, the island would be in a poor state. Keep it up Beach Buddies as you do a great job for the island and deserve credit for doing so.

I just don't get it as to why SJR is slating them? Anyone else?

Edited by manxy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

Slightly off topic,but did the Steam packet ferries,just chuck bin loads of rubbish or food waste into the sea in the 70s? Or did i imagine it.?

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Yes. Witnessed it many times. Black bin bags thrown from a small door towards the stern of the sideloaders and left to float away approaching either Liverpool or Douglas depending on the sailing.

Yep, I've seen that. It was certainly still going on in the 1980s. Long after such things were considered the norm.