Joined up thinking ?

asitis

Just a seen a document proposing to close Ballasalla post office by March 2020.

Not sure how building 350 houses, closing the village post office and an overloaded Dr's fits with this mega expansion, perhaps one of our elected morons could tell me how this all fits together ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, asitis said:

Just a seen a document proposing to close Ballasalla post office by March 2020.

Not sure how building 350 houses, closing the village post office and an overloaded Dr's fits with this mega expansion, perhaps one of our elected morons could tell me how this all fits together ?

It doesn't. 

But getting shut of 3 x BDMs at the post office would probably have saved the Ballasalla PO. 

• Like 4

I'm struggling to think of how the standard of postal service is even being maintained, let alone improved for the public's money. POs closing, my daily post delivery is now 3hrs later than it used to be (mid afternoon now), no Saturday letter delivery.

It's all currently amounting to reductions in service to the paying users, surely? But we've got a full house of BDMs so that's ok.

• Like 1

Perhaps if treasury took less out of the coffers each year and the PO got rid of some top heavy staff then they could actually prioritise serving their customers !

Ballasalla is going downhill fast, as for the muppets we elected where are they ? oh yes making a balls of education and sorting seagulls !

FFS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Orgozoid said:

I think that’s where the disconnect is. How many more managers can we afford making up stuff and managing decline? If it was about front line staff and getting things done then the public would be onside. But the promenade is a classic example of over management and delusions of grandeur resulting in yet another white elephant scheme. 

A classic case of over-managed and under-led.

It happens when you have idiots making stupid decisions who then stick to them even though it's blindingly obvious that they've created a complete and utter horlicks.

They're simply not smart enough to realise that the more decisions you make the more the odds of getting them right move in your favour.

Little Men In Big Hats syndrome....

If you had to reframe it, the sub post office element is really secondary to it’s role as a kind of community service desk. On that basis, you’d never expect it to turn a profit.

When viewed as a public service, the postal element becomes irrelevant as it doesn’t generate sufficient revenue.

If IOMG viewed it through a different lens, it would not be about loss making and profits, but purely the cost of providing a public service, with the potential to serve as a conduit for postal business.

I think it’s the wrong way round.

The issue for taxpayers is whether that public service is more deserving of investment rather than further investment in health, education, etc.

As a business though; letters are undeniably in decline. 

27 minutes ago, joeyconcrete said:

If you had to reframe it, the sub post office element is really secondary to it’s role as a kind of community service desk. On that basis, you’d never expect it to turn a profit.

When viewed as a public service, the postal element becomes irrelevant as it doesn’t generate sufficient revenue.

If IOMG viewed it through a different lens, it would not be about loss making and profits, but purely the cost of providing a public service, with the potential to serve as a conduit for postal business.

I think it’s the wrong way round.

The issue for taxpayers is whether that public service is more deserving of investment rather than further investment in health, education, etc.

As a business though; letters are undeniably in decline. 

I guess it has its roots in the unforeseen consequences of the internet, together with the demise of the high street !