Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Patient centred

Nobles Hospital

I do not know why people have a hang up about anyone working 3days in the office and 2 days at home it is common practice in the modern world with all the electronic equipment available, Skype etc.   Backward thinking is holding progress back, smell the coffee and join the real world.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I do not know why people have a hang up about anyone working 3days in the office and 2 days at home it is common practice in the modern world with all the electronic equipment available, Skype etc.   Backward thinking is holding progress back, smell the coffee and join the real world.

But will she ? It's so open for abuse in loads of ways ...cynical ? Dam right I am as IOMG is ripe for being taken for a ride ! Watch this space .  What about Reynolds at the airport ? Not heard off for ages ! 

• Like 1

She's busy planning great things for Douglas harbour....

9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

You are right, but this is a leadership role which needs to seize hearts and minds. It’s one of those where the leader needs to be visible and present, amongst their people. 

Remoteness and detachment will make things more difficult. Only time will tell I suppose.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

You are right, but this is a leadership role which needs to seize hearts and minds. It’s one of those where the leader needs to be visible and present, amongst their people. 

Remoteness and detachment will make things more difficult. Only time will tell I suppose.

we don't need time to know it won't work as advertised.

4 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Precisely. That is the distinction that makes the 3 day week aspect of this appointment both surprising and nonsensical.

I'm fascinated to see if any of our diligent Tynwald members seek information/answers to 'What next after Spicer', 'What reassurance can be offered concerning the health and social care transformation project in the wake of this unfortunate event' and 'While we're at it, can we have a general update on the transformation project please?' by putting down questions at next week's Tynwald sitting. You can imagine that I'm not expecting much from this supine bunch. However, although the sitting is now less than a week away, I see that the question paper still isn't posted on the Tynwald.org website. Does anyone know if this lateness is usual?

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I'm fascinated to see if any of our diligent Tynwald members seek information/answers to 'What next after Spicer', 'What reassurance can be offered concerning the health and social care transformation project in the wake of this unfortunate event' and 'While we're at it, can we have a general update on the transformation project please?' by putting down questions at next week's Tynwald sitting. You can imagine that I'm not expecting much from this supine bunch. However, although the sitting is now less than a week away, I see that the question paper still isn't posted on the Tynwald.org website. Does anyone know if this lateness is usual?

All vvery relevant and pertinent questions. If I were an MHK, I would grab these and ask them. Also would a FOI request be effective in bringing the truth out regarsing the supposed report by Mr Spicer. At the very least, the answer should reveal whether there is such a report or not, surely?

16 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I’ve worked like that for years but you have to have discipline to do it. The problem is people thinking that you’re doing fuck all just because you’re not in the office and often that is the default mindset of many people a lot of the time unfortunately. The truth is though that unless you’re running another business, or you have a full on hobby, doing fuck all for two days a week is really hard to do unless you are incredibly lazy. It’s not like most people are going to have their feet up watching Colombo on ITV4 all afternoon just because they’re working from home that day. 

2 hours ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

I’ve worked like that for years but you have to have discipline to do it. The problem is people thinking that you’re doing fuck all just because you’re not in the office and often that is the default mindset of many people a lot of the time unfortunately. The truth is though that unless you’re running another business, or you have a full on hobby, doing fuck all for two days a week is really hard to do unless you are incredibly lazy. It’s not like most people are going to have their feet up watching Colombo on ITV4 all afternoon just because they’re working from home that day. 

I don’t think you are the average person sadly. You can’t expect other people to work the same way as you. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Patient centred said:

I don’t think you are the average person sadly. You can’t expect other people to work the same way as you. 

It must be a government thing then. I can’t imagine anything worse than doing bugger all for two days a week. That’s 15 hours at least you’d have to find stuff to fill instead of just doing what you’re paid to do. 

4 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

It must be a government thing then. I can’t imagine anything worse than doing bugger all for two days a week. That’s 15 hours at least you’d have to find stuff to fill instead of just doing what you’re paid to do. 

Which is probably why your business is successful. I absolutely promise you that it’s not like that out there

4 hours ago, Uhtred said:

It's pretty standard.  There's a shorter deadline for questions (seven 'clear days')  than for motions (14) and they should be 'distributed to the public'  by 12 tomorrow.

Even if any questions haven't been submitted, Tynwald members will still have the chance to comment on the motion to authorise the supplementary vote of £8 million for the DHSC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1