Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Patient centred

Nobles Hospital

4 hours ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

That’s a good find. I think rest assured that he won’t as unlike Beecroft Ashford seems to be big mates with the Chief Minister so I would doubt Callister would have the bottle to try. 

Nail, head. 

15 hours ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

That’s a good find. I think rest assured that he won’t as unlike Beecroft Ashford seems to be big mates with the Chief Minister so I would doubt Callister would have the bottle to try. 

Methinks RC has his sights set high. He may just consider having a pop at Ashford. 

Someone in Tynwald surely has to challenge continuing turmoil in Nobles management?

Probably the ladies in LegCo again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Someone in Tynwald surely has to challenge continuing turmoil in Nobles management?

Well it wouldn’t be before time would it? It’s gone on for years. And I rather think that the Noble’s turmoil is simply a sub-set of the DHSC turmoil. There’s not been a proper hand on the tiller there since I don’t know when.

I rather hope it is the LegCo ladies who attack Quayle’s/Ashford’s shameful record of failing to get a grip on health; the former quite definitely has an issue with women in particular, and being challenged in general, so a combination of the two will certainly produce great discomfort for the blustering incompetent - good!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Have you ever seen Tynwald questions, as I have never seen a question from any of these Ladies about the health service.

Where as plenty from HOK members male and female ask questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

15 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Well it wouldn’t be before time would it? It’s gone on for years. And I rather think that the Noble’s turmoil is simply a sub-set of the DHSC turmoil. There’s not been a proper hand on the tiller there since I don’t know when.

I rather hope it is the LegCo ladies who attack Quayle’s/Ashford’s shameful record of failing to get a grip on health; the former quite definitely has an issue with women in particular, and being challenged in general, so a combination of the two will certainly produce great discomfort for the blustering incompetent - good!

I don't think the whole issue is within the competence levels of any of our elected representatives or our civil service? Paying someone c.£130k a year is not going to get applicants of the calibre needed to sort this muddle out. It would be more cost effective to offer someone £5m based on results to get the job sorted! If it stopped the waste, improved staffing, morale and services then it would be money well spent!

• Like 1

Anyone running a book on how long she lasts?

36 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Anyone running a book on how long she lasts?

8months

43 minutes ago, MrPB said:

So the old role holder becomes Chief Operating Officer. They really do love their titles don’t they? But isn’t that a demotion on the grounds that normally the COO directs and controls the organizational operations in accordance with the strategy and business plans agreed by the Chief Executive (who they used to be before the new interim appointment replaced them) and Board to ensure that all organisational goals and objectives are met.

Just looks like another layer of bloat to me instead of hoofing someone. 

It’s says ‘new post’ so yes. Bloated and not needed manager layer. 
This lady headed the mess that is the mental health service, enabling the clinical director who is still being investigated for sleeping with a patient in NHS time whilst charging for the ‘home visit(s)’ to remain in post. 

10 minutes ago, Patient centred said:

8months

It’s says ‘new post’ so yes. Bloated and not needed manager layer. 
This lady headed the mess that is the mental health service, enabling the clinical director who is still being investigated for sleeping with a patient in NHS time whilst charging for the ‘home visit(s)’ to remain in post. 

I suppose the the statement that Angela Murray is the Department’s first Chief Operating Officer is technically correct, as it relates to DHSC. But there was a COO at the old Department of Health too; I remember Teare explaining why the  post had been created.

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I remember Teare explaining why the  post had been created.

was it to give a friend of a friend from  the same lodge a high paying job ?

• Haha 1

I hope for everyone’s sake, especially the patients, this lady brings a breath of fresh air to the management of the Health Service, sorts it out and sticks around for a good while.   Miracles do happen and someone has the talent to do it let us hope we have found the right person. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I suppose the the statement that Angela Murray is the Department’s first Chief Operating Officer is technically correct, as it relates to DHSC. But there was a COO at the old Department of Health too; I remember Teare explaining why the  post had been created.

Lesley Keenan under David Killip, then Brian Deadman under Mark Charters.

12 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Lesley Keenan under David Killip, then Brian Deadman under Mark Charters.

Mark Charters. Now there was a useless human being.

Edited by display name