Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Patient centred

Nobles Hospital

Looking more like Agenda 21 / 30 every day.

Just a coincidence ... move on ... nothing to see here.

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Sadly no matter how much money is thrown at the problem, building ‘up to standards’ units, it will never be enough, or the actual underlying  problems will never be addressed. If you mention reforms, I could see pitchforks, howls of protest and rants, instead of rational and coordinated planning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Sadly no matter how much money is thrown at the problem, building ‘up to standards’ units, it will never be enough, or the actual underlying  problems will never be addressed. If you mention reforms, I could see pitchforks, howls of protest and rants, instead of rational and coordinated planning. 

The old mental health buildings sit empty deteriorating and the Head of Mental health has been promoted in the last few months, obviously for doing such a great job in her old role.  The whole of Nobles was a mental health site now it’s just one building.   

14 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I almost shat myself laughing when I read this.  Swap skilled experts who are no longer needed for gobby pretend politicians from our glorious Tynwald and everything will be OK???  Tory girl hasn't a clue.

Wasn't she gifted the job of raising awareness about obesity in children?

37 minutes ago, quilp said:

Wasn't she gifted the job of raising awareness about obesity in children?

"Look at me, you don't want this, eat less kids"

So do we know who is now leading the transformation team at the Cabinet Office? 

John Spicer may not have been 'externally' replaced, but someone must be heading up the project?

38 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

John Spicer may not have been 'externally' replaced, but someone must be heading up the project?

are you sure ???   no change here is the usual job protection scheme the government have going.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Indeed. And it was with similar incredulity that I read this one:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/barber-tasked-with-improving-culture-within-health/

Be careful what you wish for, Clare!

Of course the real point here is that the only person who can do anything about changing the culture of an organisation is the person at the top of it.  Even they might not have the power to do it if those causing the problems are protected by a wider corporate culture, as in this case.  But certainly a politician with no operational power won't be able to do anything.  At best Barber will only be able to be a monitor of what is going on - someone to receive complaints - and to make a fuss if needs be.  But she won't be able to alter anything on her own.

It's the typical Quayle administration way of handling problems.  If you are eventually forced to admit that a problem exists, appoint someone with a grand sounding title who can't actually do anything to solve it (see also Transformation Director).  At least this time it won't cost any more money.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Yes, it’s old Billy Corkill the cleaner. But he can multi-task. He waters the plants too.

Joking apart, Ashford said that it’ll be done from within existing Cabinet Office resources. Like you, I’d love to know how that can now be done when in October they needed an essential NHS guru.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Yes, it’s old Billy Corkill the cleaner. But he can multi-task. He waters the plants too.

Joking apart, Ashford said that it’ll be done from within existing Cabinet Office resources. Like you, I’d love to know how that can now be done when in October they needed an essential NHS guru.

Totally correct , and if current staff can cope with this 'extra' work begs the question what were they doing before !!?? 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Of course the real point here is that the only person who can do anything about changing the culture of an organisation is the person at the top of it.  Even they might not have the power to do it if those causing the problems are protected by a wider corporate culture, as in this case.  But certainly a politician with no operational power won't be able to do anything.  At best Barber will only be able to be a monitor of what is going on - someone to receive complaints - and to make a fuss if needs be.  But she won't be able to alter anything on her own.

It's the typical Quayle administration way of handling problems.  If you are eventually forced to admit that a problem exists, appoint someone with a grand sounding title who can't actually do anything to solve it (see also Transformation Director).  At least this time it won't cost any more money.

she will also be told to keep her mouth shut so a complete waste of time and money really.

39 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

To be a good liar involves having a good memory, something none of our elected chimps have...

• Haha 1

Massive communications improvement programme required - externally led & probably on an ongoing basis

Our Manx NHS is in crisis, & it is the 'we know best' attitude in CoMin that is to blame

Even this morning in the Keys Quayle told the world: "My number one rule in everything we do is 'we get it right'"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Massive communications improvement programme required - externally led & probably on an ongoing basis

Our Manx NHS is in crisis, & it is the 'we know best' attitude in CoMin that is to blame

Even this morning in the Keys Quayle told the world: "My number one rule in everything we do is 'we get it right'"

So just what have they got right during his term?

You'll have to ask him Forestboy

I can't think of anything

(Unless you are a landowner & you like a grant or two)