Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Patient centred

Nobles Hospital

Recommended Posts

It was.   I was not referring to the childish tit for tat remarks made between forum members I was referring to some sad person who joined this forum to try to discredit a doctor who is still doing his job and happens to be under an investigation by the GMC I cannot believe this organisation would permit him to keep on working if they thought he was a danger to his patients.    This personal crusade to discredit him is disgusting and does more to say about the person who is behind it than anything else.   Bitterness is ugly and destructive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It was.   I was not referring to the childish tit for tat remarks made between forum members I was referring to some sad person who joined this forum to try to discredit a doctor who is still doing his job and happens to be under an investigation by the GMC I cannot believe this organisation would permit him to keep on working if they thought he was a danger to his patients.    This personal crusade to discredit him is disgusting and does more to say about the person who is behind it than anything else.   Bitterness is ugly and destructive.

There have been many, many incidents where health and care organisations and professional bodies have covered up poor practice and procedures - even when those in their care have been dying.  A common feature of the incidents has been the ruthless vilification of those who spoke up against the "system".  I accept that Dr Byrne's situation does not involve allegations of patients dying, but his alleged actions could have caused serious harm to a vulnerable person.  So, you may not believe that "this organisation would permit him to keep on working if they thought he was a danger to his patients", but plenty of other organisations have done exactly that.  Your objectiveness would be better placed at one notch higher - do not take the side of the accuser or accused until the case has concluded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

There have been many, many incidents where health and care organisations and professional bodies have covered up poor practice and procedures - even when those in their care have been dying.  A common feature of the incidents has been the ruthless vilification of those who spoke up against the "system".  I accept that Dr Byrne's situation does not involve allegations of patients dying, but his alleged actions could have caused serious harm to a vulnerable person.  So, you may not believe that "this organisation would permit him to keep on working if they thought he was a danger to his patients", but plenty of other organisations have done exactly that.  Your objectiveness would be better placed at one notch higher - do not take the side of the accuser or accused until the case has concluded.

There was that case in the papers from the UK last week or so, (the baby death one?) where the hospital trust spent tons of money trying to find out who the whistleblower was, while people were dying.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not taking anyone’s side I just think it stinks that an anonymous person for reasons we do not know is having a public vendetta against a person who he has named if the accuser has good reason to think that all is not well then he should stand up and make the accusation under his own name not hide behind a pseudonym.   It is easy to point the finger and spew poison whilst keeping your head  beneath the parapet, too easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, hissingsid said:

I am not taking anyone’s side I just think it stinks that an anonymous person for reasons we do not know is having a public vendetta against a person who he has named if the accuser has good reason to think that all is not well then he should stand up and make the accusation under his own name not hide behind a pseudonym.   It is easy to point the finger and spew poison whilst keeping your head  beneath the parapet, too easy.

There may be several reasons for the delay in GMC proceedings and it would be unfair to exclude a doctor based purely on allegations, however serious they may seem. If the OP has information that the DHSC and the GMC do not possess, he/she has a duty to whistleblow directly to the GMC and the DHSC. Having said that, even in this day and age, whistleblowing is a very hazardous occupation and therefore it is understandable if OP chooses not to blow that whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

There may be several reasons for the delay in GMC proceedings and it would be unfair to exclude a doctor based purely on allegations, however serious they may seem. If the OP has information that the DHSC and the GMC do not possess, he/she has a duty to whistleblow directly to the GMC and the DHSC. Having said that, even in this day and age, whistleblowing is a very hazardous occupation and therefore it is understandable if OP chooses not to blow that whistle

Far better he comes and rants on here...

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just over £906,000 for an independent report which will probably be largely ignored.

Ridiculous.

 

_20200220_071626.JPG

Edited by quilp
Att. 3fm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, quilp said:

Just over £906,000 for an independent report which will probably be largely ignored.

Ridiculous.

 

_20200220_071626.JPG

Whether ignored or not the implementation appears to be currently mired in chaos.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, quilp said:

Just over £906,000 for an independent report which will probably be largely ignored.

Ridiculous.

Not at all - it shows how bad some areas are and cannot be ignored.

It's out there in the public domain, a damming report which more than anything shows that chief ministers and comins have had their collective fingers well and truly off the ball.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Whether ignored or not the implementation appears to be currently mired in chaos.

Do we actually have any idea about what is and what isn't being implemented?

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, quilp said:

Do we actually have any idea about what is and what isn't being implemented?

Well Ashford assures us that seven (I think) strands of work are all on target - despite the fact that the Director post that was utterly essential last October is now completely unnecessary and Mabel the cleaner can do all that. After months of silence from the Transformation Black Hole all will be revealed in the forthcoming annual report. So that’s great.

But remember...Ashford assurance = forthcoming disappointment.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uhtred said:

Well Ashford assures us that seven (I think) strands of work are all on target - despite the fact that the Director post that was utterly essential last October is now completely unnecessary and Mabel the cleaner can do all that. After months of silence from the Transformation Black Hole all will be revealed in the forthcoming annual report. So that’s great.

But remember...Ashford assurance = forthcoming disappointment.

Can the boy Ashford be blamed for what lead up to the managerial fiasco we're seeing now though? To be fair, the lad inherited a situation created by years of maladministration and misdirection by conflicted 'personalities' and dunder-headed group-think.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quilp said:

Just over £906,000 for an independent report which will probably be largely ignored.

Ridiculous.

 

_20200220_071626.JPG

Bloomin' 'eck! He (Sir JM) clearly saw us coming, didn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...