Why is the pension age for females younger than males?

yootalkin2me

Q1. Why is the pension age lower for females than it is for males especially since according to statostics females live longer than males and predominantly do jobs/have careers which are more physically demanding...I'm not saying that they should be higher, I'm just saying that they should be the same?

Q2. What with all the new pronouns and all that shite, for example, gender neutral, gender fluid, transgender, non-binary (whatever the fuck that is) etc etc...Will, or should, the whole pension ages be adjusted to suit, or as per Q1 should everyone retire at the same age regardless of their gender identity?

I have to laugh when I hear or read upper middle class or very wealthy women in 2020 whining about a "patriarchy" holding them down on the Isle of Man.

Yeh, that might have been  true in 1920, but 2020. They're confusing it with the PLUTOCRACY and class system of which they are the principle beneficiaries.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm guessing that the traditional earlier retirement age for women was to allow them to spend more time at home looking after their aging and overworked husbands?

I recall reading somewhere that it was so couples could retire around the same time as the husbands were almost always several year's older than their wives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yootalkin2me said:

Q1. Why is the pension age lower for females than it is for males

It isn't.  Every woman born after 6 December 1953 will start to receive her state pension  on exactly the same day as a man with the same birth date.

It's amazing what you can find out on the internet.  You ought to try using it some time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rog said:

My wife would probably say that the effort involved in looking after our home, our kids, and me would burn a woman out far sooner than any man would be by just working.

I imagine living with you would have that effect on anybody.

• Like 2

There are plenty of answers to the OP's Q1, but not the second one on gender identity.  I read somewhere that anyone at university who does not wish to be referred to as 'he' or 'she' can opt to be called 'they' if 'they' wish.

Somebody needs to re-write the entire dictionary for old blokes like me!  I'm baffled.

4 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

Q2. What with all the new pronouns and all that shite, for example, gender neutral, gender fluid, transgender, non-binary (whatever the fuck that is) etc etc...Will, or should, the whole pension ages be adjusted to suit, or as per Q1 should everyone retire at the same age regardless of their gender identity?

I suppose for those who are really cunning / lazy while this whole issue lacks clarity getting a sex change in your late 50s could bring forward a mans retirement planning by a good few years. For this reason at some stage inevitably all this bollocks will go away and everyone will be treated the same regardless of status. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1