Jump to content

Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex


Rog
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Great for Daily Wail readers 

I suspect not.

When you do something stupid like go into politics you sign up for making yourself a target for the truly appalling UK rabid right wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it. Now Harry didn't sign up to be a Royal, he was forced to be one.

Now the press played a large part in Harry losing his mother. Plus his wife is from the most litigious nation on the planet so is unused to the depths the UK press can sink. So it should come as no surprise that they have had enough of this. So they want to leave the UK press behind them with the Sun and Wail getting a special mention.

Can't blame them...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rog said:

No I'm not.  I'm simply stating that Her Majesty has the right to take control of the future of the child of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Unless I'm VERY much mistaken, I think you'll find that the Queen couldn't operate a child in the UK unless she has a valid MOT certificate for it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harry (the person not the Prince) was born into a situation/position that he neither chose nor controlled.

Age 11 (?) he lost his mother in 'unusual' circumstances - within less than a week he was following her coffin, on parade, in front of the world's press.

At the first chance that he had to decide his own future, he bolted, into the Army, and by all accounts was brave, well liked and even qualified as an Apache pilot (no mean feat). When his identity was busted (by the press) he was withdrawn from theatre (pissed off by all accounts).

Since then he has truly championed Mental Health issues, PTSD, and the rest. 

My best guess is that he sympathises with both because he himself suffers from both.

Now he is in the position of choosing between himself, his wife, an the in-laws. - Haven't we all been there? Except that his wife is no slouch, his grand mother-in-law just happens to be the Queen of England, and since the day he was born, he was expected to assume 'Royal Duties'.

Harry is a Prince, an Army Officer, the lead for hundreds of charities. But before all that, he is a husband, a (new) dad, and a human being.

He needs space, cut him some slack, give him some time,  he has been full on since the day he was born. If people keep pressuring him, don't be surprised if cuts life short. Back off.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rog said:

Since Her Majesty is the legal guardian of the child of their Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex it has the potential to make for an interesting aspect of what is now taking place.  It would also explain why her royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex has not allowed her child to return to Britain out of fear that her Majesty might invoke her right and keep their child here.

Are you drinking your aftershave again?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

...his grand mother-in-law just happens to be the Queen of England,

The Queen is Harry’s grandmother, not grand mother-in-law.

i agree with all your observations/sentiments though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Are you drinking your aftershave again?

No, it's a fact that HM is the legal guardian of the child and quite possible, indeed even probable that HM (in reality the Establishment) could use that power to prevent him leaving the UK in order to bring HRH the Duchess of Sussex "back into line".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Harry (the person not the Prince) was born into a situation/position that he neither chose nor controlled.

Age 11 (?) he lost his mother in 'unusual' circumstances - within less than a week he was following her coffin, on parade, in front of the world's press.

At the first chance that he had to decide his own future, he bolted, into the Army, and by all accounts was brave, well liked and even qualified as an Apache pilot (no mean feat). When his identity was busted (by the press) he was withdrawn from theatre (pissed off by all accounts).

Since then he has truly championed Mental Health issues, PTSD, and the rest. 

My best guess is that he sympathises with both because he himself suffers from both.

Now he is in the position of choosing between himself, his wife, an the in-laws. - Haven't we all been there? Except that his wife is no slouch, his grand mother-in-law just happens to be the Queen of England, and since the day he was born, he was expected to assume 'Royal Duties'.

Harry is a Prince, an Army Officer, the lead for hundreds of charities. But before all that, he is a husband, a (new) dad, and a human being.

He needs space, cut him some slack, give him some time,  he has been full on since the day he was born. If people keep pressuring him, don't be surprised if cuts life short. Back off.

 

Fine!  But he should receive not a single penny directly or indirectly from british tax payers or the Public Purse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 9:34 AM, Manximus Aururaneus said:

I know that of course - I'm just emphasising that this is the typical family situation of a new wife (especially with a kid) needs v family / in laws etc .

Or were you overtlitly questioning his legitimacy and his right to his title we all heard the rumours about his mum and farthers extramarital activities.

Although in all serriousness maybe we should invite the couple here to be the new king and queen of mann and live in castle rushen.

If we dont flatten it and turn it in to a carpark for all the coffee shops in castletown .

 

Then we could all cash in on the American tourists that would come too see them on all the cruise ships that are going to come here once we exstened douglas harbour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Arron said:

Or were you overtlitly questioning his legitimacy and his right to his title we all heard the rumours about his mum and farthers extramarital activities.

Although in all serriousness maybe we should invite the couple here to be the new king and queen of mann and live in castle rushen.

If we dont flatten it and turn it in to a carpark for all the coffee shops in castletown .

 

Then we could all cash in on the American tourists that would come too see them on all the cruise ships that are going to come here once we exstened douglas harbour.

It would require permission from HM The Queen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Arron said:

Or were you overtlitly questioning his legitimacy and his right to his title we all heard the rumours about his mum and farthers extramarital activities.

Although in all serriousness maybe we should invite the couple here to be the new king and queen of mann and live in castle rushen.

If we dont flatten it and turn it in to a carpark for all the coffee shops in castletown .

 

Then we could all cash in on the American tourists that would come too see them on all the cruise ships that are going to come here once we exstened douglas harbour.

Where's @Bobbie Bobster, he'd love this, this is better than lightbulb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...