Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Amadeus

Bin Wagon blown over into Summerhill Glen

11 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Well that’s an extremely childish post isn’t It? ...What sort of complete loon are you? 

The irony...

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, manxy said:

Stop it MrPB as your jottings are becoming worse again.

The comment has been seen by over 600 people and nearly 300 comments have been made in relation to his well being. The person who wrote that original comment did it so everyone could see what has transpired. Additional comments like yours and now mine do not help the situation and I politely ask you to stop it.

I wouldn't take too much notice of his postings manxy. Nobody else does

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, manxy said:

Additional comments like yours and now mine do not help the situation and I politely ask you to stop it.

What are you asking me to stop doing? I wouldn’t have even posted in this thread if you hadn’t have made the crass post that I responded to. Unlike others I have no need or wish to speculate on this unfortunate event at all as it was clear there was more to this than reported. Hopefully the driver makes a full recovery. 

Edited by MrPB
Spells

Nothing crass or insensitve about manxys post, in fact it was interesting and informative. I think you're being a bit of a nob MrPB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrPB said:

What a massive breach of someone’s right to privacy around their personal health situation. Why on earth would you post that on an open forum like here? 

Pompous,righteous nonsense as usual. Have you considered moderating?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, display name said:

Pompous,righteous nonsense as usual. Have you considered moderating?

Why would anyone want to? I can’t see what’s pompous about what I said. Manxy took the post down voluntarily so presumably they agreed with my assessment that it was crass otherwise they’d have simply left it up and told me to get stuffed I presume? 

Edited by MrPB
Spells

2 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Why would anyone want to? I can’t see what’s pompous about what I said. Manxy took the post down voluntarily so presumably they agreed with my assessment that it was crass otherwise they’d have simply left it up I presume? 

I removed it out of good faith because you commented against it.

The post was a genuine statement from a close family friend who wanted to explain what had happened to stop speculation and negative comments that was being received, mainly on facebook. When you complained, I removed it because I believed the writer would not have wanted additional negative comments.

The initial jokes and play of words are expected on here if wind was the cause of the incident and that he was ok, but unfortunately it was a medical issue and the health and well being of K is of paramount importance and I wish him and his family well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, manxy said:

The post was a genuine statement from a close family friend who wanted to explain what had happened to stop speculation and negative comments that was being received, mainly on facebook. When you complained, I removed it because I believed the writer would not have wanted additional negative comments.

That's no reason to remove it if the "writer" has already made a public statement.

• Thanks 1

Can you all take this nonsense somewhere else please, his family may well be reading it and the only thing that should be left in the thread is respectful messages/best wishes or perhaps just delete the thread in its entirety. The dynamic changed or at least should have  changed as soon as we learnt he has suffered with a bleed on the brain.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Can you all take this nonsense somewhere else please, his family may well be reading it and the only thing that should be left in the thread is respectful messages/best wishes or perhaps just delete the thread in its entirety. The dynamic changed or at least should have  changed as soon as we learnt he has suffered with a bleed on the brain.

The mods may as well take the thread down as when does goodwill ever seem to happen on this forum in contrast to a load of children fighting over who is slightly less stupid than anyone else. I hope the guy gets well and the family is ok. 

I'm a little shocked that even such a simple thread could be derailed in such a way. Can you please try and act like adults?

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I'm a little shocked that even such a simple thread could be derailed in such a way. Can you please try and act like adults?

No you're not,you know exactly what kind of dark humour can and should be on here about any situation. Quite frankly,long may that continue.   No one has actually wished the gentleman in question any harm,and undoubtedly everyone here would hope he recovers well,but a nanny state this is not and light hearted nonsense should never be quashed,even less so in difficult situations.

If you genuinely are shocked,then don't post about accidents of any kind until you know the final outcome. But even then,I still think you should,and be allowed to,and personally I wouldn't want you stopped from doing it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, display name said:

No you're not,you know exactly what kind of dark humour can and should be on here about any situation. Quite frankly,long may that continue.   No one has actually wished the gentleman in question any harm,and undoubtedly everyone here would hope he recovers well,but a nanny state this is not and light hearted nonsense should never be quashed,even less so in difficult situations.

If you genuinely are shocked,then don't post about accidents of any kind until you know the final outcome. But even then,I still think you should,and be allowed to,and personally I wouldn't want you stopped from doing it.

Some of the easily offended should spend some time in the military... then they'd understand dark humour.

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Some of the easily offended should spend some time in the military... then they'd understand dark humour.

450CBFF4-5766-4434-806A-45407CA32F37.jpeg