Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Nomadic Raptor

Fc isle of man

I applaud the idea of fc Isle of Man and I really hope it all works out.   But I was wondering if someone could tell me where all the money is coming from to afford it all. As it can’t be cheap

58 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I applaud the idea of fc Isle of Man and I really hope it all works out.   But I was wondering if someone could tell me where all the money is coming from to afford it all. As it can’t be cheap

A link would be helpful?

Is this the same lot who joined the alternative CONFIFA and did well, but then got suspended?

I hope so, I doubt the Island could field three national teams without weakening each other

This is not a team for international football.    There has been talk of entering an Isle of Man team into the English league system;

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=7682

Both of the Channel Islands have a similar team.  It is expensive as they have to cover the costs of the away team travelling there from England.  It is expected that the Isle of Man team would be required to do the same.

ETA:  Here is a link to Youtube discussing the matter 

Edited by manxman1980
  • Like 1

Do all clubs have to pay the travel costs of the away team?
 Or is it just because of the Boat/Plane cost?

Being selfish about this, there could be a small economic advantage for us from following fans? Perhaps not if in Div 4 but the higher leagues, maybe a 1000 or so?

The thing about this is in my opinion say the team is successful and they manage to get to the football league will they still pick players from the isle of man or buy in better players? I hope it works as the reason no players from the island make it is due to the fact they dont get picked up until teenage years they are then competing with guys who have been getting pro coaching since they were 7 or 8

• Like 1

It is very good idea but I don’t understand how they are going to fund it.  To pay for a team to come here and a team to go away every week surely your looking in the region of 4000 a week. So that over the season of say 36 games is 144,000 in travel and accommodation costs alone.  That is before they pay for for hiring a venue to play on which if it’s the bowl is in the region of 110 a game or so and then hiring places to train.

they said they wanted people to come and watch but this is northwest counties football novelty will get people to go for a few weeks but would you be willing to pay 10 or 20 a week to watch?

The image below is the weekly average attendance across the whole league, which shows the footfall just isn’t there especially not to make it pay.

so who is paying.  I believe jersey had gambling company paying?  But they are all leaving here.

the idea is great but where is the money coming from?

E452579B-CE6F-4254-982E-5D5A2FB08C37.png

It's a great idea being worked on by people who care massively about football on the island, and specifically about the opportunities for players to develop their skills against a higher standard of opposition than the local league allows.  I wish them all the best and expect it to be successful.

Cost wise, yes I believe they're looking for support from local businesses as it won't be a cheap exercise.  They've been pretty open about the costs involved from the start, and they've certainly done their research on what it will entail to get this off the ground and make it a success.

Christ, it's only kicking a ball between two sticks!!! You train the forwards, you train the defenders, it cancels out surely??? Next they'll be saying Three Legs are unfair advantage!!!

• Like 1

This was in 442 the other day. Would be great to see the island involved more.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

• Like 2