Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Grounds Keeper Willy

The Golden Sausage Awards

2 hours ago, pongo said:

I disagree. I like businesses which make an effort. The idea that people go to a cafe to be seen is silly. Or to "interface" . This is not Manhattan.

Lots of businesses make an effort. It’s just that pretentious people only like going to places that others deem to be equally significant. 

23 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Lots of businesses make an effort. It’s just that pretentious people only like going to places that others deem to be equally significant. 

Perhaps you could publish a list of places you deem to be acceptable.

ETA: do you seriously think that anyone on the IOM goes to a place for breakfast because they think it's trendy or something? It's a bonkers suggestion.

Edited by pongo

10 minutes ago, pongo said:

Perhaps you could publish a list of places you deem to be acceptable.

I deem all places acceptable. Unlike what you seem to suggest I don’t exclude any places (such as your comments on the Caff) on the grounds that they don’t serve avocado on toast or some other equally pretentious substance for £10 a go. 

Edited by Grounds Keeper Willy

2 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

I deem all places acceptable. Unlike what you seem to suggest I don’t exclude any places (such as your comments on the Caff) on the grounds that they don’t serve avocado on toast or some other equally pretentious substance for £10 a go. 

Are you drunk or just very confused?

I haven't even mentioned the Caff or avacados.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pongo said:

Are you drunk or just very confused?

I haven't even mentioned the Caff or avacados.

Why would I be drunk? Sorry you mentioned smoked salmon and Noa as being a prerequisite. It was another poster who mentioned avocado on toast. The argument from both posters sounded so similar I must have got confused. You did challenge Thommo2010 on his proclaimed preference for the Caff though in a rather condescending way. 

I recall you said “I get that some people prefer milky stewed tea, sliced white and a sausage made out of leftovers and gristle :) “ Which I read (of course I could be wrong) as a bit of a put down along social status lines. 

Edited by Grounds Keeper Willy

Lord st cafe doorsteps ,beans and bacon would be on my "last request" meal ,if  facing , "old sparky",  over Artisan sourdough and avacado.

8 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

you mentioned smoked salmon and Noa as being a prerequisite.

I also said that I should probably add a smiley and that I also liked McDonalds.

And I was absolutely not condescending. You maybe just chose to hear it like that.

Ffs.

Edited by pongo

Just now, pongo said:

I also said that I should probably add a smiley and that I also liked McDonalds.

Ffs.

Lots of middle class people like McDonalds. It’s like going down market without being seen to go down market. A bit like a visit to Dealz. It isn’t really some cheap market stall emporium where you buy cheap crap. It’s a novel low budget shopping experience. 

54 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

That’ll be just you then...

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

That’ll be just you then...

Please don’t try perpetuate your poor trolling as I’m not interested. Everyone knows you’re no good at it. But then again I suppose it’s good to have a reason to live throughout these long dark months, 

On 1/19/2020 at 5:04 PM, Non-Believer said:

Mad Hatter's, Ramsey.

Ramsey's only current redeeming feature. :lol:

We also have a low tolerance for dickheads:D

14 minutes ago, piebaps said:

We also have a low tolerance for dickheads:D

Me too :D

30 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Me too :D

so you avoid each other then ?

• Haha 1

Mad Hatters. Still going I presume? Brilliant cafe.