Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Dave Angel

Post Office HQ evacuated

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's fairly typical of the sort of story the local media feel capable of covering.  Stuff that might require analysis or in depth investigation (for example the health service) gets minimised in favour of simple stories and passing on the latest 'statement'.  

That's deliberate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"  HQ Evacuated ". Poor Howard, maybe he has this new flu bug!!!

Seriously, we could do with knowing what is behind this threat.

Was it explosives, a noxious substance or Daz in an envelope?

Was it addressed to an individual, a business leader or a politician???

Was it a serious subversive group attack or just a problem riddled person having a go at someone? The former would be serious indeed for the Island, the latter, probably containable?

 

One of those situations when we could do one of those famous Police statements,  "There is no danger to the General Public" .

Edited by Kopek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Stuff that might require analysis or in depth investigation (for example the health service) gets minimised in favour of simple stories and passing on the latest 'statement'.  

That’s all this was. I believe something cropped up when a package was scanned and then they go into emergency mode which includes firing out a press announcement. You can’t expect the people at 3fm to look out the window. 

Edited by Grounds Keeper Willy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

So are we actually going to be told what all the fuss was about? 

Haha, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

So are we actually going to be told what all the fuss was about? 

only if it was actually something that posed a danger so they can all back slap themselves on saving the day and get a medal,  if it was harmless birthday present for a child that they destroyed for fuck all  there will be a silence of embarrassment for a short while and then a 'could have been' list to frighten the plebs into shutting up about it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WTF said:

only if it was actually something that posed a danger so they can all back slap themselves on saving the day and get a medal,  if it was harmless birthday present for a child that they destroyed for fuck all  there will be a silence of embarrassment for a short while and then a 'could have been' list to frighten the plebs into shutting up about it.

True but you’d think the press would be pushing for a statement? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

So are we actually going to be told what all the fuss was about? 

Why? your previous posts suggest you have already decided what caused the "fuss"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

True but you’d think the press would be pushing for a statement? 

a suitable BS response  to mask any embarrassment is probably being copy and pasted from some TV show as we type,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad the Island's security isn't in the hands of some of the numpties posting on here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Neil Down said:

So glad the Island's security isn't in the hands of some of the numpties posting on here...

True,the ones they have already are masters of fumbling.

Edited by display name
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For completeness, it would be refreshing for the Island's Mickey Mouse media to actually follow up and complete a story....I guess I'd be hanging on for a long time..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, after all the palaver we do deserve to know what caused it, after all our Government is open and transparent.........

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A certain troublesome young chap who has "gone to ground" allegedly ordered some sort of bomb making kit online is the story I was told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...