New venue for official TT launch

Manx Radio

This was always a good night. Even when they started charging a fiver it was somehow worth it.

ICBA going to Ramsey though. Maybe watch via internet but maybe not. 

Isn't Chris Pritchard into bikes, the sort that don't have engines. Maybe brought over by the IoMGov TT wallahs, who seem to be more into pedals than pistons.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll predict that it will be (relatively) poorly attended on the grounds of the above two posts. Why on earth a preliminary to the Island's No1 event has been moved from what should be the premie

We're in the Isle of Man Roger not Australia. the transport links to Ramsey are every bit as good as those to Douglas. Problem is that most people are stuck in the "can't go all that way" mentality wh

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Isn't Chris Pritchard into bikes, the sort that don't have engines. Maybe brought over by the IoMGov TT wallahs, who seem to be more into pedals than pistons.

Paul Philips will be creaming his pants

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Can the Starship Enterprise not fill the Villa Marina, or it is cheaper the hire a venue near Ramsey? 

It's the failed media studio  got to have some production credits for 2020 nowt else doing there other than god botherers.

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, 2112 said:

Can the Starship Enterprise not fill the Villa Marina, or it is cheaper the hire a venue near Ramsey? 

I’m still trying to get my head around this. 
If we can’t fill the Royal Hall, could we fill the Promenade Suite?

Did Starship Enterprise and the TT motorsports team, put an expression of interest venue out to tender?

Has this new venue got an alcohol licence? Or is it a given?

If we can’t fill places up for launch night of what is supposed to be the biggest road races of the world, then it seems the taxpayer is subsiding other people’s hobbies and interests, and some sectors of society are doing rather nicely, at the taxpayers expense. 

38 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’m still trying to get my head around this. 
If we can’t fill the Royal Hall, could we fill the Promenade Suite?

Did Starship Enterprise and the TT motorsports team, put an expression of interest venue out to tender?

Has this new venue got an alcohol licence? Or is it a given?

If we can’t fill places up for launch night of what is supposed to be the biggest road races of the world, then it seems the taxpayer is subsiding other people’s hobbies and interests, and some sectors of society are doing rather nicely, at the taxpayers expense. 

The Villa Marina is full to capacity for the TT launch usually, with quite a few people coming across the pond to attend. I have no idea why the venue has been changed, unless it's to give support to the Jurby venue?

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The Villa Marina is full to capacity for the TT launch usually, with quite a few people coming across the pond to attend. I have no idea why the venue has been changed, unless it's to give support to the Jurby venue?

Are we providing taxpayers assistance to businesses as they are based in the North? If I am not mistaken the Royal Hall holds 1500 or more paying people, which in turn is owned by taxpayers/islanders. Are we subsidising journalists and riders etc, upon their arrival and laying on chauffeured limo’s and taxis to Ramsey and return? If it wasn’t broke, why are we trying to fix it? Or are we running things to suit other interests? Or is it the case that it’s cheaper in Ramsey than the Villa Marina - hire of the facility’s and labour?

Edited by 2112
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

They do seem to have been pushing the place recently.  They had a talk last week on  How might the Isle of Man be carbon neutral? and so of course held it at a place you had to drive to.  (Normally they're at the Nunnery).

Presumably some bizarre method of government accounting meant that it's 'cheaper' to hire somewhere for real money than to use a government facility.  Though I also get the impression with the DfE that they want to get get away from all those horrible, common TT fans and into the fashionable world of vloggers and 'influencers' and so on.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Max Power said:

More likely to the bible basher that owns the place

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Jurby?

47 minutes ago, display name said:

More likely to the bible basher that owns the place

Bang on. 

• Like 1