Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
gettafa

New venue for official TT launch

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I can't see the promenade being the issue, they haven't stopped booking artistes to play there, the Guild is going ahead etc. The bookings are probably not the issue either, nobody would book a wedding if the venue wasn't available, they'd shift the date to suit. I'm sure it's to give it a different feel and to support local private enterprise, something which seldom happens on the island. 

Wrong Wrong Wrong.

Rules and Regulations are in place but Government seem to do what it wants.

Expressions of Interest/Tender - Who needs that? We’ve got the perfect for the job, nobody will bat an eyelid, nobody will be bothered. 

Remember what happens on this island, if anyone uses the letters TT, even innocuously, be it for the minimal of person gain or the proceeds going to the church fabric fund. The full state apparatus from the Starship Enterprise and its Storm Troopers rain down upon the shop/individual etc from a great height. All to protect the brand. On this island there is too much chumminess, backscratching and manipulating of guidelines for personal or institutional gain. 

In all fairness, if a change in venue was really about bringing the event to the masses, then perhaps more initimate venues should be considered - 

Peel Centenary Centre

Manx Museum Lecture Theatre

Erin Arts Centre

Ballakermeen High School Theatre

Long Shot - The Sound Restaurant - after all they are in the running for the best bikers breakfast or golden sausage!

Im sure others on here could give other examples. These 4 venues have the necessary equipment and I’m sure could stage this event efficiently and competitively given the opportunity.

Edited by 2112

1 hour ago, buncha wankas said:

Why don't they utilise the big VIP venue beside the grandstand instead of paying a fortune for a venue that no one uses apart from Roc C Nesbit ‘rent a mates’ who get free passes to hang out  with him at tax payers expense.   It’s all getting very elitist for the TT. 

I don’t recall a tender process for a venue. Big question is why is Villa not available? 

A good suggestion.

Sadly though it gets taken down after the Festival of Motorcycling. The Brewery are allowed to keep their trackside bar up until after the FOM/MGP then it has to be removed. If the marquee were to be moved then it would involve, additional expense in the erection of the tent, the dismantling of the tent and transportation of the tent as well as storage, along with the associated costs involved with civil servants pushing the pen around. 

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Wrong Wrong Wrong.

Rules and Regulations are in place but Government seem to do what it wants.

Expressions of Interest/Tender - Who needs that? We’ve got the perfect for the job, nobody will bat an eyelid, nobody will be bothered. 

Remember what happens on this island, if anyone uses the letters TT, even innocuously, be it for the minimal of person gain or the proceeds going to the church fabric fund. The full state apparatus from the Starship Enterprise and its Storm Troopers rain down upon the shop/individual etc from a great height. All to protect the brand. On this island there is too much chumminess, backscratching and manipulating of guidelines for personal or institutional gain. 

In all fairness, if a change in venue was really about bringing the event to the masses, then perhaps more initimate venues should be considered - 

Peel Centenary Centre

Manx Museum Lecture Theatre

Erin Arts Centre

Ballakermeen High School Theatre

Long Shot - The Sound Restaurant - after all they are in the running for the best bikers breakfast or golden sausage!

Im sure others on here could give other examples. These 4 venues have the necessary equipment and I’m sure could stage this event efficiently and competitively given the opportunity.

I'd be interested to know the combined capacity of those 4 venues. I'm going to guess around 150 each, so maybe 600 in total?

You don't like the government as a whole do you?

3 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

You seem to have all the class and sophistication of an unwashed bottom. 

Spoken like a man who knows his way around an unwashed bottom

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Can’t help yourself can you?

If it were a business, I mean a proper business, you would want to impress especially if want the media to portray the right message. The current  'cultural area' looks like Aleppo.