Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics please. We will try and merge the locked topics as relevant. Topics are UK, IoM, TT & Sports and Tips & Questions about isolation and home working ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Manxberry

Punishment doesn't fit the crime

What in the hell is wrong with the courts?

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/man-who-attacked-wife-given-suspended-sentence/

This same dude, just a year ago did the exact same thing...

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=49493&headline=Man admits assault on his wife&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

Then this is the same little scrote that broke his bail just a month ago...

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=52945

I am literally godsmacked that's he's got away scot-free. What incentive is there to follow the law if you just get let off again and again? It's rewarding bad behaiviour. 

• Like 3

Presumably he's been in prison since the arrest in December and he still has got quite a long suspended sentence, but it is a bit of a surprise, especially considering the assault on a police officer, though he doesn't seem to have been charged with that for some reason.

18 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

What in the hell is wrong with the courts?

The usual defence is that we weren't in court and don't know the whole story, so there must be some extenuating circumstances that we're not aware of.

Just don't go drawing any parallels with Lisa McGee, though, or @CharlieBrown will be along sharpish to tell you to fuck off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

The usual defence is that we weren't in court and don't know the whole story, so there must be some extenuating circumstances that we're not aware of.

Just don't go drawing any parallels with Lisa McGee, though, or @CharlieBrown will be along sharpish to tell you to fuck off.

In a thread about a suicide you thought it acceptable to try and involve a young vulnerable person, and here you are doing the same again, what is with you? I can't abide snarky little dicks, who think they have some moral high ground that's all. 

• Like 1

Is it possible they are not giving proper sentences because we can't afford to pay for the upkeep of the prison or there are not enough cells?

Maybe he's one of those with a mental illness that needs help?.

Or maybe wired up wrong and should take a trip to see Francis Drake.

2 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Is it possible they are not giving proper sentences because we can't afford to pay for the upkeep of the prison or there are not enough cells?

Not enough Xboxes to go round! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From the earlier report

" Advocate Louise Cooil said a probation report and psychiatric report had been prepared which contained sensitive information and that Ramos has been referred to mental health services".

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, piebaps said:

From the earlier report

" Advocate Louise Cooil said a probation report and psychiatric report had been prepared which contained sensitive information and that Ramos has been referred to mental health services".

Flunked out

17 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

In a thread about a suicide you thought it acceptable to try and involve a young vulnerable person, and here you are doing the same again, what is with you? I can't abide snarky little dicks, who think they have some moral high ground that's all. 

I didn’t actually introduce her to that previous topic, that was TSOS, and I didn’t want to further disrespect that thread subject at the time, but if you thought you could come the Billy Big Balls with complete impunity you were mistaken.

Really, so you know the girl and her full history and why she will always have issues?

Yes, yes, and yes. I wouldn’t have made the original comment if I didn’t. As you said to me not long back, “Sounds like you got some skin in the game” Charlie?

Anyway, I'll shut the fuck up now and never mention her again, that's a promise.

Why do some of you always have to engage in petty personal bickering with other posters? smh

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Why do some of you always have to engage in petty personal bickering with other posters? smh

That's probably the only "bickering" I've gotten into here in the five and a half years since I joined, but I can make it two for two now if you like?

• Like 2