Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Derek Flint

BREXITWATCH

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The world has moved on the UK hasn't. 

Steady there now,don't go all technical on us.  Should we now call you Legion,for you are many? ;)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, display name said:

Steady there now,don't go all technical on us.  Should we now call you Legion,for you are many? ;)

Depends on whether you take any notice of strategically delivered lies or not I suppose. I’m easy. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

3 minutes ago, display name said:

Ah,megalomania by any chance?   Hush now,before daddy gets home

I gave up trying to understand the politics and paranoia on these forums a long time ago. It will all probably go on longer than Brexit though I’d wager. So what trade deal do we think the UK will land first? The bankrupt country of Greece has been keen for a look in I hear? 

Brexit,breakfast,it's all the same.  Sugar coated flakes getting drenched and all ending up in a sticky mess eventually

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's the working, younger people will be worse hit.

How so? In what way will they be worse hit? Specifically...

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

Maybe he meant they'll grow into moaning old codgers too quickly?

4 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I think the likes of Andy Burnham will make him make good on his promises. He’s already taken Northern Trains back into public ownership to improve rail services linking the main cities at the request of Northern leaders and MPs. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-51298820

And pledged more for the HS2 link.   

'Andy' Burnham is the Mayor of Greater Manchester and not part of the government. I've no idea what the point of City Mayors is, but it is not he who has brought Northern Rail back under state control.

He does not have the powers to do that.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

'Andy' Burnham is the Mayor of Greater Manchester and not part of the government. I've no idea what the point of City Mayors is, but it is not he who has brought Northern Rail back under state control.

He does not have the powers to do that.

As an ex MP I think you’ll find he is a very effective influencer strict powers or not. 

• Like 2

Brexit is the best thing that has happened since we joined the cursed union.   When Macron gets dumped and Le Penn takes over France will be the next to leave and there will be a few countries that are not toeing the Imperial line will get chucked out.   We are the first but we will not be the last.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, quilp said:

https://www.gov.uk/visit-europe-1-january-2021

New passport restrictions and visa requirements, no EHIC, requirement for International driving Permit and Insurance green card for starters.

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's the working, younger people will be worse hit

I disagree. It's not an age thing per se. Older people with savings and no debt or liabilities will be fine. As will motivated and well educated younger people with portable and transferrable skills and who keep their own skills current and up to date.

And those people were doing fine already anyhow.

In any scenario - a person's savings over many years and the portability of a useful skillset is the best hedge against uncertainty. Ultimately it's up to us to look after ourselves, our families and our peer groups.

Mrs Thatcher would approve :)

4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

As an ex MP I think you’ll find he is a very effective influencer strict powers or not. 

No, with respect, you're wrong. This decision is down to the government

3 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

When Macron gets dumped and Le Penn takes over France will be the next to leave and there will be a few countries that are not toeing the Imperial line will get chucked out.   We are the first but we will not be the last.

That would be one hell of a political swing. Macron's party has 303 of the 577 seats in the French Parliament, Le Penn's has 7 of the 577.

• Like 2