Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
display name

Disappearing threads about local news?

Recommended Posts

Whatever it is get over it. You may of course create your own forum if the topic is that important.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, piebaps said:

You may of course create your own forum if the topic is that important.

That’s been done before too. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Whatever it is get over it. You may of course create your own forum if the topic is that important.

Hardly,there's no topic that important

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was pretty obvious what was going to happen there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may have been a mistake for Derek Flint to get involved, it rather looks like Police interference in a public forum?

It's easy to ignore the flamers completely or skip their posts till you get to a different poster.

There seem to be a  dwindling number of sensible posters now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It's easy to ignore the flamers completely or skip their posts till you get to a different poster.

Blocking works well too. Nobody really needs to read any stuff that annoys them. Unless they have fragile egos and are worried about what they are missing out on I suppose. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite. You can usually tell when a 'Handbags at Dawn' is about to unfurl, so just skip the posts from the two..

Just scroll down till you get to the John Wright warning to the two of them!!!:P

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It may have been a mistake for Derek Flint to get involved, it rather looks like Police interference in a public forum?

It's easy to ignore the flamers completely or skip their posts till you get to a different poster.

There seem to be a  dwindling number of sensible posters now?

Define "sensible posters"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It may have been a mistake for Derek Flint to get involved, it rather looks like Police interference in a public forum?

It's easy to ignore the flamers completely or skip their posts till you get to a different poster.

There seem to be a  dwindling number of sensible posters now?

Police interference - what rubbish. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kopek said:

 

There seem to be a  dwindling number of sensible posters now?

Dwindling number of posters full stop, cos of the heavy handed moderation. While around the time of the above linked article there were a couple of posters with about 20 accounts that needed dealing with, there are also so many decent posters who've fallen foul of it, people won't come back, or will alter their posting style. A well placed 'fuck off' is a glorious thing, but you're constantly walking on eggshells around a moderator who can't wait to get his power trip with another suspension. It's pathetic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Dwindling number of posters full stop, cos of the heavy handed moderation. While around the time of the above linked article there were a couple of posters with about 20 accounts that needed dealing with, there are also so many decent posters who've fallen foul of it, people won't come back, or will alter their posting style. A well placed 'fuck off' is a glorious thing, but you're constantly walking on eggshells around a moderator who can't wait to get his power trip with another suspension. It's pathetic.

Talking of eggshells...

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...