Isle of Man CO2 Emissions

foxdaleliberationfront

18 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Does anyone know the figure for the Island's total CO2 emissions? 

I keep seeing mentions from the CCC that we produce "lots of CO2" but I haven't actually seen any actual amounts. 

Nor are you likely to...

• Like 1

800,000t CO2e (CO2 equivalent) p.a. i.i.r.c.

or just more that 1 weeks output of only CO2 from the most polluting Polish power station, which produces 38Mt of CO2 p.a. again iirc.

its in a posting I made in the Climate Change Coalition thread, but don't know how to link to it.

• Like 2

in other words, fuck all on a global scale , and we're spending £25m over 10 years to make fuck all an even smaller fuck all.

(above is a bit tongue in cheek, as I know there's other issues!)

Edited by b4mbi
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

or just more that 1 weeks output of only CO2 from the most polluting Polish power station, which produces 38Mt of CO2 p.a. again iirc.

its in a posting I made in the Climate Change Coalition thread, but don't know how to link to it.

Cheers for that @b4mbi. Do Government publish these figures somewhere? 

I'm just intrigued to see how they're calculating this. 

56 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

I'll put it simpler. The entire exercise is complete and utter bollocks on an Isle of Man scale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, b4mbi said:

don't know, but I took figures from Prof Curran's report.

I have heard from a reliable source that this report was a cut and paste job from a similar report which he did for an area of Scotland. (Nice work if you can get it!) There are a lot of anomalies and inconsistencies but, although being aware of these, our gullible politicians accepted the report as the basis to squander millions of pounds of our taxes. 

I'm expecting a huge kickback sooner or later, the similarities between fascist doctrine and the climate change lobby are becoming far too familiar!  

There aren't going to be millions of taxpayers money squandered on climate change response because they're already being squandered on satisfying the hungry mouths of the CSPS pension requirement

There  is only enough money left in the pot to give some highly deserving landowners grants for treeplanting on their own land

That's it

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I have heard from a reliable source that this report was a cut and paste job from a similar report which he did for an area of Scotland. (Nice work if you can get it!) There are a lot of anomalies and inconsistencies but, although being aware of these, our gullible politicians accepted the report as the basis to squander millions of pounds of our taxes. 

I'm expecting a huge kickback sooner or later, the similarities between fascist doctrine and the climate change lobby are becoming far too familiar!  

I think Roger should do a detective job and find this supposed report for Scotland if it exists. Hope it's not another Wigan/Isle of Man health strategy job.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The Climate Change Lobby v the TT Lobby! Now that's something I can't wait to see. I'll bring popcorn 

• Like 1