Lorem Ipsum - Isle of Man Newspapers - insults

John Wright

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:
10 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

People who post on internet sites are stupid.

Their own comments section is full of just as many crazies as here so he was clearly trying to get his visitor and click rates down by insulting his own users. 

I suspect that they are only too well aware of the general loopiness of the comments on the articles they open for them and the tendency for the participants to turn on each other even quicker than they do On Here.  Though I sometimes wish they spent as much care on writing the stories as they do in blocking them out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I suspect that they are only too well aware of the general loopiness of the comments on the articles they open for them and the tendency for the participants to turn on each other even quicker than they do On Here. 

They’re exactly the same people as here. Are they really that confused? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tucker said:

Paper was late this week ,emergency reprint ?

They had to rush it over by chariot from the printworks in Herculaneum.

Edited to add - I see the lazy buggers haven’t translated the caption of the photo of the F1 World Champion. For fans of Biggus Dickus, Caligula and the rest it’s this - Cicero de Hamilton accipit eius jet.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, kevster said:

While it may look like Latin, using this text as a placeholder is known as greeking

Well it is Latin, rather than simply looking like it - but it’s a wonderful metaphor for the nature of the press that they use Latin and call it Greeking. 

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2020 at 7:52 AM, John Wright said:

But it’s not random. Each language paragraph says the same. “ People who post on internet sites are stupid, and shouldn’t be allowed to vote”

So now we know what the editor and proprietors think of us.

Well, I think the editor is a stupid prick and the proprietor is a twat. But I respect their right to vote.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, tucker said:

Paper was late this week ,emergency reprint ?

No - boats cancelled

10 hours ago, Kopek said:

Well they've edited it into English in my copy! I feel cheated!

The picture on the website is only a mockup - not the actual printed paper

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2020 at 7:52 AM, John Wright said:

Lorem Ipsum, Random words used in newspaper page mock ups, placeholder text, are not something I come across every day.

IoM Today has started using them on their FB page so visitors can’t click on the front page image, enlarge, and read the main stories. Makes them buy or subscribe.

This week its in Latin, German, Danish, French, Polish and Irish. 

But it’s not random. Each language paragraph says the same. “ People who post on internet sites are stupid, and shouldn’t be allowed to vote”

So now we know what the editor and proprietors think of us.

I just quickly searched to see if a similar topic had been covered before I posted this and it appears that it has and that he’s clearly at it again. The irony of the newspaper Editor giving such prominent column space to an anonymous letter writer who has written a letter about anonymous trolls who apparently completely ruin his enjoyment of local politics coverage. Is there such a thing as a double irony? I don’t like people posting all this anonymous stuff, but please Mr Editor don’t put my name to these views in the paper when you publish my letter! If the Editor didn’t write it himself that is! 

ABBF342A-B54C-48C9-9FD2-482611587E90.jpeg