Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Chutney

Steam packet sailing advice

Recommended Posts

I’m booked on tomorrow mornings 8.45 sailing to Heysham with a 5 day break deal.  I suspect it may get cancelled but in the event it doesn’t and goes ahead I really don’t fancy traveling in the rough weather anyway. If I don’t turn up do I lose the complete fare or will they let me reorganize till after the bad weather at and charge a rearrange fee? Anyone know ?

i can’t ring them as no one is there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should say this morning now !   Saturday 8:45 sailing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancelled anyway. But in general, in the past I’ve found them to be very sympathetic and accommodating to requests to change if the weather looks dicey. If you do it in advance it makes it easier for them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chutney said:

I should say this morning now !   Saturday 8:45 sailing

 

 

11 hours ago, Chutney said:

I’m booked on tomorrow mornings 8.45 sailing to Heysham with a 5 day break deal.  I suspect it may get cancelled but in the event it doesn’t and goes ahead I really don’t fancy traveling in the rough weather anyway. If I don’t turn up do I lose the complete fare or will they let me reorganize till after the bad weather at and charge a rearrange fee? Anyone know ?

i can’t ring them as no one is there. 

You can rebook on line ( amend ) for free. If you don’t turn up on a 5 day return you lose your money.  But as it’s cancelled you’ll get your money back.

We've had similar issues. It’s a gamble.

I was warned by Loganair that EDI IOM on Sunday evening was likely to be disrupted. No seats on Monday. I’ve a hearing on Tuesday. So I reluctantly decided not to travel. Missing Ute Lemper concert. Loganair wouldn’t refund. Hotel cancelled for free. They’ll be able to resell the room for 3 or 4 times the price. ( it’s Calcutta Cup). E-tickets for concert sent to grateful friend.

Paul is due to travel with car and dogs. Heysham, Folkestone, Eurotunnel, Calais, Basel, Bologna, Ancona,  ferry, Igoumenitsa, Thessaloniki to Bansko.  He was due to sail on Monday at 08.45. Cancellation has knock on. We’ve solved by booking full price. Cancellable. Refundable. Sunday pm, Monday am and Monday pm. He will do it as cascade and we’ll get the money back for non travelled tickets. Expensive way round. However in the cycle of my CC billing I’ll never be out of pocket.  But cheaper than losing the prepaid, fixed and non refundable tunnel, ferry and pet friendly hotels, or arguing in multiple foreign languages.

Monday Evening is long stop and he will lose the Calais hotel .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...