Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Manx Bean

Cruise Excursion is rubbish...erm, literally.

It might well appeal to the environment-conscious/charitable but what sort of image will it present though if word gets around that our shorelines are so minging that we have to get visitors in to help clean them?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It might well appeal to the environment-conscious/charitable but what sort of image will it present though if word gets around that our shorelines are so minging that we have to get visitors in to help clean them?

I wouldn't worry about that.  I think most people are well aware that a country isn't necessarily responsible for what washes up on its shores and there's been enough publicity about Beach Buddies (even though other places do the same thing).  

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

I wouldn't worry about that.  I think most people are well aware that a country isn't necessarily responsible for what washes up on its shores and there's been enough publicity about Beach Buddies (even though other places do the same thing).  

Quite true. The vast majority of what washes up on our shores wasn't irresponsibly disposed of by IoM in the first instance. What we throw goes to the incinerator (sorry, EFW).

I just see this perception being raised that the IoM is a dirty place that needs cleaning up. With that perception possibly knocking on to other areas of tourism, as in a shooting in the foot job. Biosphere etc?

It’s a bit like when people go to Rwanda and build a school, or install toilets.

Missionary work. We should be grateful

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

It’s a bit like when people go to Rwanda and build a school, or install toilets.

Sod that...the Welsh should get off their arses and do it themselves.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Quite true. The vast majority of what washes up on our shores wasn't irresponsibly disposed of by IoM in the first instance. What we throw goes to the incinerator (sorry, EFW).

I just see this perception being raised that the IoM is a dirty place that needs cleaning up. With that perception possibly knocking on to other areas of tourism, as in a shooting in the foot job. Biosphere etc?

Well, the 9000 tampons (used) that were recently cleaned off Ramsey Beach came, I suspect, from the well-used orifices of hundreds of ladies in Ramsey who are too stupid or too lazy not to flush them down the toilet. I call that dirty.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Well, the 9000 tampons (used) that were recently cleaned off Ramsey Beach came, I suspect, from the well-used orifices of hundreds of ladies in Ramsey who are too stupid or too lazy not to flush them down the toilet. I call that dirty.

That is completely true. But they did flush them down the toilet and a lack of a sewerage screening infrastructure on the part of IoMG for years after it should have been in place for the most part, is how they got to the beach?

60% of the world's population don't live by the coast...so maybe that explains the popularity of this phenomenon.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, WTF said:

St Greta cruise lines.

She wouldn't approve unless they rowed here on a Viking longboat. Hmmn. Think I'll contact Tourism on Monday. Wonder if they'll buy my idea. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1