Quirky.im

5 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Local people create a website that you don't have to visit, or buy anything from, not government funded is it? Am I missing something?

Mind you they don't look Manx and are using a Manx name, hangings not good enough...

Hi - not Government funded, and built by me who was born and brought up here. I've lived here all my life. https://quirky.im/elements/pages/about/

On 2/18/2020 at 5:52 PM, TheTeapot said:

I note they don't openly state their fees

https://quirky.im/fees-and-payments-policy/

Anything that hides information like that is in my view automatically dodgy, so for that reason, I'm out.

Thanks for your comment - I've updated to make it more transparent. Fees are negotiated with sellers on a case by case basis, due to the variety of businesses. Some have more margin than others and Quirky.im takes that into account.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:10 PM, slinkydevil said:

No physical contact details in their privacy policy either making it completley anonymous. I'm pretty sure you have to state your registered address or at least where the data is stored to be GDPR compliant.

Obviously I went straight to the 1 alcohol product they sell, but the age verification is just an endless loop and you can't get in. No sales for that supplier then.
https://quirky.im/product-category/food-and-drink/alcohol/

Thanks for your comment - I've updated the privacy policy to include my address details. You can find out more about me on the About page and you can click through to my Linkedin profile too if you like.

I had hoped Bushy's would be able to get their shop page live for the launch but unfortunately the guy who looks after it has been unwell. I hope they will have it live by the end of this week.

11 minutes ago, Quirky.im said:

Thanks for your comment - I've updated to make it more transparent. Fees are negotiated with sellers on a case by case basis, due to the variety of businesses. Some have more margin than others and Quirky.im takes that into account.

Thanks for braving MF and good luck with the website.

You may have updated the terms, but it still gives absolutely no clue as to what those fees might be. To a prospective seller, this is dubious. Why not put at least a range up? I can only assume that the reluctance to do so is because the fees are high.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You may have updated the terms, but it still gives absolutely no clue as to what those fees might be. To a prospective seller, this is dubious. Why not put at least a range up? I can only assume that the reluctance to do so is because the fees are high.

47 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I suppose it’s one up from dealing with a Ukrainian fraudster on flee-bay. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1