Jump to content

Isle of Pride


2112
 Share

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

So for the 22.9% of non-binary people who say they are "Gay/Lesbian", does this mean their preference is for other non-binary people and it isn't by reference to their birth sex?

[Edit: Sorry - my question isn't very clear.  If two non-binary people (one biological male and the other biological female) end up in a sexual relationship, is that a "Gay/Lesbian" relationship because they are both non-binary, or is it a "Heterosexual" one because they are different biological sexes?]

Probably more difficult to say on that one, as it'll like vary person to person in terms of how they'd define their relationships and their affiliation with gender. The couple of non-binary people I know tend to refer to themselves as queer, but it's much more open to interpretation or opinion than the trans sexuality one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Eh!

Im getting lost in all this.

Fancy who you like, but think carefully before you have your bits resculptered is all I would say.

When it's gone it's gone!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting to see Alan Shea publicly posting on FB that he has publicly cut himself off from the organizers of Pride over their handling of the media around the drag Queen statements. I disagree with the attention seeking stance they took but he’s right that it now seems to be more about attracting corporate sponsors for a load of professional committee sitters than about much else. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

A transwoman who fancies women is a lesbian.

So - if a lesbian woman were to refuse to enter into a sexual relationship with a "lesbian" transwoman on the grounds that that person was trans and was biologically male with a male body, would that be transphobic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Interesting to see Alan Shea publicly posting on FB that he has publicly cut himself off from the organizers of Pride over their handling of the media around the drag Queen statements. I disagree with the attention seeking stance they took but he’s right that it now seems to be more about attracting corporate sponsors for a load of professional committee sitters than about much else. 

The old Moolah infiltrates into all walks of life!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Eh!

Im getting lost in all this.

Fancy who you like, but think carefully before you have your bits resculptered is all I would say.

Do you find it confusing?  It does seem to require a re-definition of various words like lesbian.

I suspect that many trans people get no further than "identifying" as such and don't get anywhere close to being resculptured - whether they've thought carefully about it or not...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

So - if a lesbian woman were to refuse to enter into a sexual relationship with a "lesbian" transwoman on the grounds that that person was trans and was biologically male with a male body, would that be transphobic?

No.

Also you can refuse to enter a relationship with anyone you want for any reason. Attraction is not something we have any choice over.

That said, if you find someone attractive and they have the appendages or lack thereof that are compatible with your sexual preference, and you then become unattracted to them after finding out they're trans that could be transphobic. Or it could be not.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, HeliX said:

That said, if you find someone attractive and they have the appendages or lack thereof that are compatible with your sexual preference, and you then become unattracted to them after finding out they're trans that could be transphobic. Or it could be not.

That’s the whole cotton ceiling nonsense. How can it be transphobic for a lesbian to not be attracted to someone who presents as a woman but has a cock? One of the primary things about lesbians is that they don’t have much sexual interest in cocks so why would this be expected to change just because someone looks like a woman but has in fact got a cock? It’s plainly ridiculous. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

That’s the whole cotton ceiling nonsense. How can it be transphobic for a lesbian to not be attracted to someone who presents as a woman but has a cock? One of the primary things about lesbians is that they don’t have much sexual interest in cocks so why would this be expected to change just because someone looks like a woman but has in fact got a cock? It’s plainly ridiculous. 

Are you going to disagree with what I said, or what you wanted to imagine I said?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did google who the trustees if IOM Pride were and have to say I see the point of the two protestors. You would think the board of trustees would be a better representation of who they are supposed to be representing. Even the committee seemed light of individuals who would be representative of they were supposed to be representing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Anyone said:

I did google who the trustees if IOM Pride were and have to say I see the point of the two protestors. You would think the board of trustees would be a better representation of who they are supposed to be representing. 

Most people seem to see and get that bit. I wonder what people would think of a Breast Cancer Charity whose trustee board was predominantly made up of men? It’s not much different to this really. A male “Period Dignity Officer” being appointed to a non-job in Scotland. 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/aug/16/scotland-appoints-man-as-first-ever-period-dignity-regional-lead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BriT said:

Most people seem to see and get that bit. I wonder what people would think of a Breast Cancer Charity whose trustee board was predominantly made up of men? It’s not much different to this really. A male “Period Dignity Officer” being appointed to a non-job in Scotland. 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/aug/16/scotland-appoints-man-as-first-ever-period-dignity-regional-lead

Oh don’t worry , the derision from all parts of that appointment in Scotland are loud. I’m astonished it has not been reversed . Talk about tone deaf. Do woman need one anyway , what precisely is the job in hand. I don’t know because I’m not a woman. I’ve probably answered my whole question , maybe women need to decide if they want a period dignity officer and then have a women appoint who they think would do a good job of it. I would not know where to start and I doubt any man would either. So I’ll not be applying.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anyone said:

Oh don’t worry , the derision from all parts of that appointment in Scotland are loud. I’m astonished it has not been reversed . Talk about tone deaf. Do woman need one anyway , what precisely is the job in hand. I don’t know because I’m not a woman. 

Yet here we seem to have middle aged, middle class, heterosexuals who are sat on a committee to decide how to run and manage a Gay Pride event. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BriT said:

Yet here we seem to have middle aged, middle class, heterosexuals who are sat on a committee to decide how to run and manage a Gay Pride event. 

Oh dear that’s me ( except middle aged , bus pass on way) But I do know it’s hard for those who endure prejudice and that it’s still there and it’s not going away. I suppose it’s up to gay pride to get more on that board of trustees. But then  know you do get that band of what I call professional do gooders. They are not bad people but they won’t / can’t change things. Revolution changes things. Radical views and courage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...