Coronavirus, TT and other Manx sporting events cancellation

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all this lock-down bollocks in the UK my friend is cooped up at home and has had to start talking to his wife. He’s just found out that she was made redundant by Woolworths.

It's an interesting paradox.  Both in the UK and here we have politicians running the country who seem to think that politics is all about 'presentation' (if you want to be unkind 'bullshitting').  Bu

Howard Quayle and his comms team need to take a long hard look at themselves into how they are handling this.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sir nige said:

1st december first known case.......23th jan before quarantine began.......

WHO are also to blame.....

22nd Jan - 17th death, the virus had only been identified a few days previously. So quarantine started after 17 had died.

42 minutes ago, sir nige said:

which bit do you doubt.........:whistling:

Err, the bit i quoted. You can't have a KNOWN case of something when you don't know what it is. Rumsfeld territory. 

9 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

22nd Jan - 17th death, the virus had only been identified a few days previously. So quarantine started after 17 had died.

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Err, the bit i quoted. You can't have a KNOWN case of something when you don't know what it is. Rumsfeld territory. 

well you 2 run along and tell the lancet..........

My opinion is that it is going to be cancelled as we will be short of visiting volunteer medics...due to other obviously rapidly developing committments in the UK (Doctors/paramedics etc.). Medical cover for the event is crucial.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

My opinion is that it is going to be cancelled as we will be short of visiting volunteer medics...due to other obviously rapidly developing committments in the UK (Doctors/paramedics etc.). Medical cover for the event is crucial.

Agreed, also the UK may cancel it anyway if some of the proposed legislation is applied.

I'm not a great fan of the TT but if in doubt then play safe and cancel earlier rather than later.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Like I said yesterday!

"as I have suggested before doctors and parameds who usually come from the uk and elsewhere will most likely stay at home to help deal with Coronavirus there, many of the volunteer marshalls are unlikely to come over, the TT will have to be cancelled. those who are quoting figures showing that corocavirus has not been detected here yet I hope it never is but 20,000 plus arriving for TT (if allowed to travel through the UK to get here) would certainly ensure we get it."

1 minute ago, hagar the horrible said:

Like I said yesterday!

"as I have suggested before doctors and parameds who usually come from the uk and elsewhere will most likely stay at home to help deal with Coronavirus there, many of the volunteer marshalls are unlikely to come over, the TT will have to be cancelled. those who are quoting figures showing that corocavirus has not been detected here yet I hope it never is but 20,000 plus arriving for TT (if allowed to travel through the UK to get here) would certainly ensure we get it."

Also the modelling shows that any peak in the UK / BI would be at about the time of the TT

1 minute ago, GD4ELI said:

Also the modelling shows that any peak in the UK / BI would be at about the time of the TT

Once the UK figure hits >750, statistically, we will start having cases here. So by end of this month IMO.

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

Once the UK figure hits >750, statistically, we will start having cases here. So by end of this month IMO.

Could well be cases already, and when people return from the ski resorts and mistake Corona for the usual winter sniffle it'll all go tits-up.

And where's the competence on the rock to handle this?

1 minute ago, GD4ELI said:

Could well be cases already, and when people return from the ski resorts and mistake Corona for the usual winter sniffle it'll all go tits-up.

And where's the competence on the rock to handle this?

Thinks

And when kids return for the summer term at KWC - oh dear.

I wonder what resistance can evolve (or be evolved genetically) to fight it?

25 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I wonder what resistance can evolve (or be evolved genetically) to fight it?

In some respects it's already happened hasn't it (insofar as some are asymptomatic already)??? Pretty much like norovirus??