Coronavirus, TT and other Manx sporting events cancellation

16 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Looks like Ashford is going after Nick Crowe for spreading fake news on Facebook about Coronavirus and A & E being in lockdown according to a post he’s recently made on FB. The state storm troopers will probably be in the back of a transit already! 

I don't get Nick Crowes anti Gov stance at all. He himself stood for election to the body he does his best to smear.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all this lock-down bollocks in the UK my friend is cooped up at home and has had to start talking to his wife. He’s just found out that she was made redundant by Woolworths.

It's an interesting paradox.  Both in the UK and here we have politicians running the country who seem to think that politics is all about 'presentation' (if you want to be unkind 'bullshitting').  Bu

Howard Quayle and his comms team need to take a long hard look at themselves into how they are handling this.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Be interesting see how you can stop idiots posting shite on Facebook. That’s pretty much all Facebook is for. It’s an idiot news trumpet. 

Cut off their benefits?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, finlo said:

His heart is in the right place though!

I hope so. His election bid did him no favours though, did it.

Bloody good sidecar rider though and his sons are getting there too.

19 minutes ago, pongo said:

You can argue until you are as red faced as a gammon, but quite clearly you are in cloud-cuckoo land when you say:

"control and manipulation of the masses....this is a test.....to see how far 'they' could really push it."

Love you mwah xxx

Edited by yootalkin2me
22 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I hope so. His election bid did him no favours though, did it.

Bloody good sidecar rider though and his sons are getting there too.

Being totally bonkers is a pre requisite though isn't it?

Edited by finlo
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:
16 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

Thanks for that Wrighty. Great to hear from someone who knows how it 

17 minutes ago, pongo said:

You can argue until you are as red faced as a gammon, but quite clearly you are in cloud-cuckoo land when you say:

"control and manipulation of the masses....this is a test.....to see how far 'they' could really push it."

Love you mwah xxx

Hope you find the plot you have lost fella :flowers:

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

I hoped my reputation on here was better that. 

Stick to David Icke et al if you like Neil, but I only post stuff that to the best of my knowledge is accurate, reasonable, credible and true. Or occasionally jokes. In this case it was the former. 

ETA - I’m not an official spokesperson for the DHSC or anyone else on here, as I’ve pointed out many times previously. 

Apologies Wrighty but by officials I was not referring to you.

• Like 2

Statistically , the Island will get cases. We don't have any now but we will. 

Whoever mocked up the DHSC release is a moron of the highest order. I'm not sure what Ashford can actually do over Nick Crowe sharing that image other than out him as behaving like an idiot and not check his sources (which if thats how he does research, thank fuck he didn't get in as an MHK).

Do our archaic libel laws come into play here?

Spain is the next Italy. Especially Catalonia. 

Everything has ground to a halt, school, shops, public events, courts, restaurants. Just food shops and pharmacies open.

Igualada, a town of 66,000, about 15 miles from my holiday place, has been locked down in quarantine, for 15 days, which is being enforced by the police on all roads in/out, trains cancelled.

70 cases diagnosed, of whom 51 are doctors and nurses from the Nobles sized county hospital.

The Catalan government has asked the Spanish government to close the borders.

The DHSC have released a new statement on their website:

As of 13 March 2020, in the Isle of Man there have been 29 concluded tests and 0 confirmed cases.

There are currently no confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in the Isle of Man.

We are now in the delay phase of our response to COVID-19. This entails significant changes to how we identify and manage potential cases of COVID-19. From today the public are being advised to stay at home (self-isolate) without any testing for COVID-19, regardless of travel history or contact with confirmed cases.

Anyone showing mild symptoms such as: 

a continuous cough
or

high temperature

Should now self-isolate for seven days.

The geographic element of the case definition has now been removed.

If people who have travelled DO NOT have symptoms they DO NOT need to stay at home, regardless of their travel history.

Please refer to the Symptoms and Stay at Home guidance below for further advice.

This is in line with measures put in place in the UK this week to help combat the spread of COVID-19.

The last line says it all.  They have waited till the UK government told them what to do rather than considering what would be the best for the particular circumstances of the Island or indeed without considering whether the UK government's advice is any good  - a lot of people say it isn't and few other countries seem to be doing the same.

Particularly indicative of this bad advice and worrying in itself is the line: If people who have travelled DO NOT have symptoms they DO NOT need to stay at home, regardless of their travel history.

The trouble is that it looks like most people who catch the virus do so from someone who isn't yet showing any symptoms.  The last thing you should be doing at the moment is lifting restrictions.