Jump to content

Coronavirus, TT and other Manx sporting events cancellation


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all this lock-down bollocks in the UK my friend is cooped up at home and has had to start talking to his wife. He’s just found out that she was made redundant by Woolworths.

It's an interesting paradox.  Both in the UK and here we have politicians running the country who seem to think that politics is all about 'presentation' (if you want to be unkind 'bullshitting').  Bu

Howard Quayle and his comms team need to take a long hard look at themselves into how they are handling this.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, hagar the horrible said:

So will the marshalls, doctors, police and paramedics who are brought in and so necessary to the running of the TT.

Reminds me of the wag that wrote on a Peel Red Arrows display advert “If wet, in Corrin Hall”

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Let's think outside the box a bit. why don't we combine the virus and the TT, like on this Honda?

 

Image result for corona sponsored superbike

Well, we could do if it wasn't a Suzuki .. :o

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It has to be cancelled Noble’s would not be able to cover the injuries if this virus starts to grip.   The injuries of fans as well as riders, and there would not be guaranteed space at UK hospitals for the patients that need specialist attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have there been any Manx corona patients yet - I've seen a posting elsewhere claiming that possible contacts from Italy have already arrived on Island tho no doubt, many would have gone on skiing trips during halfterm so quite possible as happened in the UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frances said:

Have there been any Manx corona patients yet - I've seen a posting elsewhere claiming that possible contacts from Italy have already arrived on Island tho no doubt, many would have gone on skiing trips during halfterm so quite possible as happened in the UK.

daily-test-template-5-march.jpg.e90a408bc80be8f259eaf1f6c0e49647.jpg

https://www.gov.im/coronavirus

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

It has to be cancelled Noble’s would not be able to cover the injuries if this virus starts to grip.   The injuries of fans as well as riders, and there would not be guaranteed space at UK hospitals for the patients that need specialist attention.

Or planes to take them!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sir nige said:

At this rate of testing it will probably only hit us by next month.

Though 17 tests doesn't seem anywhere near enough...given the number of international companies and travellers we have here.

Why aren't doctors doing more screening? Otherwise we could end up with a relatively huge spike to start with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

At this rate of testing it will probably only hit us by next month.

Though 17 tests doesn't seem anywhere near enough...given the number of international companies and travellers we have here.

Why aren't doctors doing more screening? Otherwise we could end up with a relatively huge spike to start with.

Knock-knock - there's a shortage of doctors.

BTW - it's old grumpy people who it hits hardest !

Edited by GD4ELI
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...