Coronavirus, TT and other Manx sporting events cancellation

40 minutes ago, asitis said:

IOM Government really need to say something, I have just come out of Tescos it is armageddon people with masks empty shelves can't move in the car park its panic central, I only went in for some apples ! People are making it up as they go along !!

That's crazy

They should have just got it delivered 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all this lock-down bollocks in the UK my friend is cooped up at home and has had to start talking to his wife. He’s just found out that she was made redundant by Woolworths.

It's an interesting paradox.  Both in the UK and here we have politicians running the country who seem to think that politics is all about 'presentation' (if you want to be unkind 'bullshitting').  Bu

Howard Quayle and his comms team need to take a long hard look at themselves into how they are handling this.

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

There's no mention of any Duke connection in the article. The way it reads, it's solely a DfE effort?

Duke has a deal for last year and this year for that site.

7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Duke has a deal for last year and this year for that site.

Well judging by what's emerged re. application dates in the previous posts they may be struggling a bit this year? :lol:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, quilp said:

20200316_073718.jpg

I think this sums up the competence of Government Comms at the moment. 

What do we get? A press release about some buses. 

People are clamoring for up to the minute, accurate information on how a global pandemic is going to affect the Island 

• Like 7
On 3/14/2020 at 4:41 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

Why should he be stepping down? What explicitly has he done or not done in your highly qualified medical opinion in relation to Coronavirus to require him to step down? 

Because he said that this would be his last term? I thought I read that in the paper....

Right now is the perfect time to introduce new unemployment forms, which you can mail in or email rather than going in to the office. 

But no, that won't be done. You'll still be required to turn up to see if you've had any interviews in the past two weeks... 

Edited by Manxberry
3 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

Right now is the perfect time to introduce new unemployment forms, which you can mail in or email rather than going in to the office. 

But no, that won't be done. You'll still be required to turn up to see if you've had any interviews in the past two weeks... 

In a few weeks' time that'll be to prove you're still alive and not fallen to Corona-Apocalypse-Now. So they can estimate numbers correctly. For the official statistics.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I think this sums up the competence of Government Comms at the moment. 

What do we get? A press release about some buses. 

People are clamoring for up to the minute, accurate information on how a global pandemic is going to affect the Island 

Howard Quayle and his comms team need to take a long hard look at themselves into how they are handling this.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/chief-minister-coronavirus-announcement-due-this-afternoon/

What's it going to be do you think? Self quarantine for all arrivals for 2 weeks? 

Compensation for farmers and landowners. All those empty, grant-built holiday cottages.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
On 3/14/2020 at 10:13 PM, Cambon said:

Because people have paid out money in good faith for travel and such, for an event that if cancelled for no good reason, they will have a grievance. Once other countries, WHO, etc. impose restrictions and guidelines such that makes the event impossible to run, travel insurance should reimburse those people whom require it. In other words, once the curtailment is out of the organisers hands, the liability shifts from the organiser. 

force majeure

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/chief-minister-coronavirus-announcement-due-this-afternoon/

What's it going to be do you think? Self quarantine for all arrivals for 2 weeks? 

It’s going to be copying the UK because the iom government doesn’t have a brain cell of competence between them. This has been known for a long time but now we see the proof. 

• Like 2

Probably mentioned previously by someone, but i was absolutely flabbergasted that they made the announcement about extra staff being put on at the crematorium.  What a thing to send out! Surely someones head must roll over that?  What would pensioners think reading that announcement!!!!

• Like 3
Just now, somewhatdamaged said:

Probably mentioned previously by someone, but i was absolutely flabbergasted that they made the announcement about extra staff being put on at the crematorium.  What a thing to send out! Surely someones head must roll over that?  What would pensioners think reading that announcement!!!!

Absolutely agree, was also flabbergasted at that.. Crass, unsensitive & completely unnecessary to say that in the public domain. 

• Thanks 1