Coronavirus, TT and other Manx sporting events cancellation

Just now, yootalkin2me said:

Hardly a surprise, I'm only surprised that they've done it this soon.

I thought he was going to say it would be left a month or so before deciding. I was pleased he has pulled the plug now. Restored my faith. Good speech I thought too.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all this lock-down bollocks in the UK my friend is cooped up at home and has had to start talking to his wife. He’s just found out that she was made redundant by Woolworths.

It's an interesting paradox.  Both in the UK and here we have politicians running the country who seem to think that politics is all about 'presentation' (if you want to be unkind 'bullshitting').  Bu

Howard Quayle and his comms team need to take a long hard look at themselves into how they are handling this.

Posted Images

Any mention of the farmers/landowners...?

And DfE will be able to put their cabins at the old prison site at the dates they applied for with no embarrassment now :lol:

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I thought he was going to say it would be left a month or so before deciding. I was pleased he has pulled the plug now. Restored my faith. Good speech I thought too.

Must be listening to manx forums wise advice.

Fairly reasonable press conference. Though implementing the isolation from tomorrow when a planeful of students arrived from Tenerife this morning is an interesting decision.

I have a friend who travelled ack to the Island last week. He believes he has it and has been wiped out for the last few days and was told to isolate. Because he didn't travel from Italy, they said it was outside the parameters for testing. 

There could be loads like that because they haven't bothered testing.

How will they know every visitor will self isolate for 14 days?

Just now, dilligaf said:

Exactly, I'd stated on a much earlier post that theyd cancel it but that it'd be announced mid-April.

I just wonder that if we haven't any confirmed cases that we would be better to close our island off and wait until it's all passed then open up for business again.

Or failing that if goes on for yonks we can offer a coronovirus free holiday to those who want to but they get screened at the UK ports :-) 

Just now, slinkydevil said:

I have a friend who travelled ack to the Island last week. He believes he has it and has been wiped out for the last few days and was told to isolate. Because he didn't travel from Italy, they said it was outside the parameters for testing. 

There could be loads like that because they haven't bothered testing.

How will they know every visitor will self isolate for 14 days?

Have to say I find it hard to believe they would not test your just because they had not been to Italy. I will check up on criteria

7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Have to say I find it hard to believe they would not test your just because they had not been to Italy. I will check up on criteria

I've heard that in other cases too Dilli, I don't think there is any firm criteria by the sounds of it? It's as though they just don't want to know that it has arrived?

Just now, Max Power said:

I've heard that in other cases too Dilli, I don't think there is any firm criteria by the sounds of it? It's as though they just don't want to know that it has arrived?

I've also been reliably informed that a school football team has come back from Italy this morning and we're told to stay at home for a couple of days and if no symptoms can then go to school on Wednesday....what...the...actual....fuck!!!!!???

They can’t test on Island. Just take samples. Send away. There’s very limited capacity in UK. Results taking 4-5 days, I’m told. Doesn’t matter where you’ve been. If you’re worried the only advice is to stay away from GP, MEDS, and Nobles and self isolate.

Which is exactly what you’d be told with a positive.

• Like 2

Only testing inpatients with symptoms as per UK Gov guidelines.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-initial-investigation-of-possible-cases/investigation-and-initial-clinical-management-of-possible-cases-of-wuhan-novel-coronavirus-wn-cov-infection

Announcement says that community testing will now be implemented. 

Edited by Manxkipper
New info.